Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, UK ⚠️
Part Time Management Accountant | Finance | London
We’re Hutch, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the automotive gaming experiences that people want on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Part Time Management Accountant - Fixed Term Contract
You will be working alongside the Financial Controller and Accountant in managing the overall day to day financial activities to ensure an adequate financial control framework is maintained to safeguard the integrity of the firm's finances. You also will be responsible for the provision of robust financial information internally and externally to enable decision making, effective operations and to help the company meet its statutory requirements and other needs.
- Manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, including posting purchase invoices, raising sales invoices, processing employee expenses and credit control.
- Prepare the payment runs for approval and payment.
- Prepare and assist with the VAT returns and reconciliations.
- Maintain the assets register.
- Assist the financial controller on month end and year end processes, in preparation for monthly and annual reporting, as well as any external reporting.
- Provide general accounting and finance support to the financial controller and Hutch team.
- Deal with accounting/finance queries from customers, suppliers and other external parties (e.g. HMRC).
- Ad hoc finance projects, reporting and analysis.
- Improve and enforce strong financial processes and controls to ensure integrity and accuracy of all financial data.
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS accounting principles.
- Qualifications - (ICAA/ICAEW/ICAS/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent.
- Experience in using Xero and Netsuite is preferred but not essential.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Strong numerical skills, attention to detail and methodical approach.
- Excellent time management skills and with the ability to manage conflicting deadlines.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Consistently maintain a professional and personable attitude due to the confidential nature of the work.
- Energetic and a passion for learning and developing your accounting and finance skills.
- A genuine desire to get hands-on and involved in the various aspects of the video games industry.
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with:
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent salaries
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Thursday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/