Reporting to: Controller
Status: Permanent Part-Time
Site: Fully remote within Canada
Hours: 24 hours per week
Shift: Day Shift
At Think Shift, we believe in building jobs around people. Our talented team of multi-disciplined creators and strategists have one thing in common: the desire to realize their own potential. We help our clients do the same.
As one of the largest ag-focused agencies in the world, we help agriculture and agri-food organizations imagine their future — then re-invent themselves accordingly. Our people have a head for logic and a heart for magic, and our clients engage us to help them think strategically and craft the stories that will propel them forward. Through our progressive approach to leadership development, strategic planning, corporate culture, brand development and marketing, we help ag leaders see their true potential and leverage change to bring their traditional brands into the new world.
We’re looking for creative and strategic minds who share our desire to find and realize potential — for ourselves and for our clients. Let’s get in touch.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated, client focused Accounting Coordinator to join our Operations team in a part-time capacity.
As part of the Operations team, you not only strive to create the best experience for our clients, you also work very closely with the account services and production teams ensuring the company’s finance function is organized, effective, and efficient. The goal of the Operations team is to create and support the environment for our staff that allows everyone do what they do best.
Helping others is second nature to you. You love to organize, file and a think a fast-paced day with a huge variety of tasks is the best. thing. ever. You are eager to learn, are self-motivated and competent in prioritizing the completion of your duties.
You get to:
Be part of the dynamic accounting team responsible for:
- A/P functions (job cost and digital media entry, issuing payables to vendors)
- Purchasing and managing purchase orders
- A/R functions, backup support to billing and invoicing; posting a variety of client payments
- Credit Card processing, posting and reconciliations
- Bank account reconciliations
- Employee expense reporting and reimbursement
- Has initiative to develop processes and improve efficiencies within the department as the need presents itself
- Assist in annual Year-End Financial Statement review/audit
20% OFFICE AND GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
- Ownership of general office and administration details, including phones, security, and purchasing
- Minor support to staff with travel arrangements including hotel rooms and rental cars
- Minor support to Think Shift Chairman - including private workshop preparation and invoicing
- Various other administrative duties as assigned