Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Centreville, USA ⚠️
Join Team CARFAX as an Operations Manager
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment.
We’re seeking an Operations Manager to be responsible for the operational success and improvement of a key business program.
This role has an expectation of 3 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Cultivate trusted relationships with stakeholders, within and outside CARFAX
- Coordinate, and collaborate with, all stakeholders to ensureoperational success
- Be the subject matter expert; support all stakeholder's understanding of the operation
- Be the point of escalation for exceptions and issues, and accountable for theirresolution
- Define, monitor, and report measures of operational health; define and meet SLAs
- Optimize operational efficiency and effectiveness; enable and encourage feedback; anticipate and mitigate risks
- Identify and advocate for operational improvements; identify dependencies to navigate cross-functional product/technical team roadmaps
- Exhibit a spirit of curiosity; ask and encourage questions that ensurea shared understanding
- Create and maintain documentation that clarifies complexity: process maps, business rules, decision logic,etc.
What we're looking for:
- Passion foroperationsmanagement, ensuring the delivery of product value to every customer, improving the customer's ( andTeamCARFAX's) experience
- 5+ years of experience as an operations manager or analyst, managing operations, designing and improving processes, forecasting and capacity planning; customer support a plus
- Enthusiasm for driving improvement across business functions, technologies, and culture
- An energetic, positive personality; an ambitious, hands-on sense of ownership
- Strong investigative and analytical skills; create structure that organizes and simplifies
- Strong planning and organization skills; contribute to multiple concurrent efforts, balancing priorities
- Solid writing, verbal, and presentation skills; facilitate discussions to reach decisions
- Base level technical proficiency with desktop and cloud-based applications; ideally familiar with system design and architecture
- Excel and PowerPoint experience; preferred proficiency with Salesforce, Confluence, Jira, Slack, and virtual whiteboarding
- Data analytics experience utilizing SQL, Tableau, Cognos and/or programming skills are a plus
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k) / DCPP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.