Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Durham, UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud-based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
Technology is what makes the world go round. It’s also what enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank and ensures that we remain an employer of choice in the Fintech space. The Technology team is made up of; Testing, Engineering, DevOps, Change, Service Management & Architecture. Together they design, develop, and deliver a customer journey that represents Atom and its strong values throughout.
The Service Desk team supports the core infrastructure of all areas of the business, from desktop problems through to application issues, ordering items or setting up accounts.
You’ll provide support to the Atom Bank business including, but not limited to, all elements of the hardware, software and application estate, incident management providing best in class technical and customer service to the Atom business. You’ll be responsible for both incidents and problems to resolution, but technically capable of triaging any issue that may occur in the Atom estate.
This role will require 1-2 days a week at our Durham HQ.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…
- Take ownership of incidents and problems across the Atom estate, exhibiting the appropriate level of prioritisation of both importance and urgency.
- Proactively manage service requests, incidents, and problems through our ITSM Tool in adherence to ITIL processes
- Ensure all documentation is up to date, accurate and easily understood for other members of the follow
- Own and maintain an inventory of all Atom assets and upgrading the Database with accuracy on a regular cadence
- Carry out vulnerability management of all hardware and software assets making sure that all assets are up to date and no risk is introduced to the Atom environment due to a lack of governance or neglect
- Support the telephony infrastructure across the Rivergreen Centre
- Understand the RBAP matrix and support the process by ensuring requests to provision and revoke access are complete within the Service Level Agreement
- Be responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and annual audit tasks within the service team.
What do we need from you?
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Customer focused and able to work well as part of a team and individually
- Experience of dealing with the needs of a diverse workforce with a wide range of IT skills
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Office 365, Windows server, Windows 8.1 & 10, SCCM, RDS, Exchange, TCP / IP, WIFI, Google G-Suite, Google Drive & OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, Amazon Workspaces, MacOS, Zscaler and basic networking
- Having the ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Experience of hosted telephony.
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible hybrid & remote working
- 4-day work week
- Annual Share Option scheme – company performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.