Candidates must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify for this role. See below for more information.
If community is more than just a word to you...
If you love the Yelp app, and more importantly, use it all the time…
If you are the kind of person that prefers raving about your favorite local businesses…
If you relish connecting with other Yelpers online…
If you love Indianapolis and want to shout all the reasons why from the rooftops...
Well, we just might have the perfect job for you.
As the Atlanta/Washington, D.C. Online Community Ambassador, you’ll be a part-time Yelp employee, working out of your home or anywhere with secure Wi-Fi. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be connecting with local Yelpers and, in turn, helping them connect with each other online, as well as assisting community members with how to get the most out of the Yelp website and mobile app.
Where You Come In:
- You will connect with Yelpers in your area online through Yelp’s website and mobile app
- You’ll support our community handles on social media
- You will report regularly on community engagement efforts to your manager
- You will be a positive voice for Yelp in your community
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in new ways to engage with the Elite Squad
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You are outgoing and vibrant – you should enjoy interacting with people online
- You consider yourself to be self-motivated – you do best when managing your own schedule
- You are professional – you'll be a voice of Yelp out there, so be memorable for the right reasons!
- You are an effective communicator – you'll be educating the public and Yelp Elite Squad on how best to use the Yelp site and app
- You have familiarity with Google Docs
- You must reside in Washington, D.C.
- You must be flexible to work 19 hours per week
- You must have a personal smartphone capable of running the Yelp app
- You are 21+ years of age
- You’re on the local Yelp Elite Squad, so you can help others find their way.
- You will not be restricted to working only for Yelp, but outside gigs, especially influencer opportunities, will need to be reviewed for potential conflicts of interest.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this role. Exceptions are made only where legally required.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills, general personality and style.
- Resume highlighting your relevant experience.
- A link to your Yelp profile.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual's location and experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.