edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
2U is looking for an experienced .NET Core/C# subject matter expert to temporarily join our Enterprise team for an exciting curriculum development project.
This can be a full-time or part-time role, which would be perfect for someone with strong expertise in .NET Core/C# and relevant professional experience. You’ll work remotely with curriculum and QA engineers, instructional designers, and editorial partners to write technical curriculum that is highly instructive, engaging, and teachable while resulting in expected learning outcomes for students.
The ideal candidate will have collaborated on highly complex projects with flexibly-resourced teams and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast pace and changing requirements. You’re always driving for great quality, but you also know when to ship a product, working iteratively to continue improving based on feedback. You are available to teach a full-time cohort either remotely or on-site in Charlotte, NC (post Covid-19)
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience
- Solid .NET Core and C# skills
- ASP.NET Core
- REST web services and APIs
- Data structures and error handling in C#
- SQL, relational modeling, and relational databases
- Entity Framework
- Agile and Pivotal Tracker
- General familiarity with CI/CD tools
- Microservice architectures
- Test-Driven Development and testing with xUnit
- Exceptional communication, problem-solving, and writing skills
- Ability to communicate complex topics in a manner that can be clearly understood by beginners
- Angular 8, 9, or 10
- Typescript 3 or 4
- Experience writing technical curriculum or informational/learning content
- Experience working with a writer or instructional designer to develop instructional or technical content
- Experience teaching programming or other relevant technical topics
- Experience with online or asynchronous learning
- Collaborating remotely with a distributed team
- Working with an Agile/Scrum team
- Full-time, 40 hours/week OR part-time, 29 hours/week
- Start as soon as possible
- 7-8 month contract
- Fully remote
- Daily standups with the team
- At least 4 hours daily overlap with Central U.S. time zone
- Able to teach a full-time cohort either remotely or on-site in Charlotte (post Covid-19)
Hourly salary only: In Colorado, the anticipated hourly salary for this role is ($38/hr). Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate
\*2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement\*
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: [email protected].
\*You must apply in your FULL LEGAL NAME\* Your full legal name must be the EXACT name and spelling as listed on your government issued ID Card, birth certificate, name change order, adoption decree, naturalization or immigration documentation. Initials are not acceptable unless initials are part of your full legal name.