Marketing Data ScientistBandai Namco Mobile
Posted 1 month ago
PAC-MAN to Tekken, Tamagotchi to Dark Souls, we are a games company steeped in history and BANDAI NAMCO Mobile is the exciting new pillar of the BANDAI NAMCO Group’s mobile strategy, to grow from the #5 global mobile publisher to #1!
We offer a truly flat structure, full role autonomy and the creative freedom of a start- up, whilst still having the legacy, resources and stability of BANDAI NAMCO, a global gaming powerhouse. Our goal in Barcelona is to enrich BANDAI NAMCO's list of successful IP's by creating original and innovative mobile games.
Our Marketing Team
We are a small and dynamic group of experienced global marketing experts, with far-reaching expertise across a multitude of specialisms within the Mobile Market space. Whilst our disciplines differ, our goal is the same: to grow and nurture our community of Bandai Namco mobile game players in the West.
As part of the marketing team, you will be working on some of Bandai Namco’s most prestigious, global IPs such as DRAGON BALL LEGENDS and ONE PIECE TREASURE CRUISE, as well as future IPs developed by our Internal team in Barcelona. We favour small teams, to remain as agile as possible in an ever-changing market. Advocating innovation over repetition as we aim to accelerate Bandai Namco to the world's #1 Publisher.
As we expand the Bandai Namco community into the West, you will still be working closely with our head office in Japan. Teamwork and collaboration with our head office as well as our Barcelona Marketing team are key to our success as we continue to grow the Bandai Namco brand worldwide.
Marketing Data Scientist
We are looking for a Marketing Data Scientist to join our growing team. You will be responsible for answering complex business problems by modeling data and finding insights that can help us measure and improve the ROI of our marketing campaigns where last-click attribution and A/B testing may not be possible.
With your strong data science and engineering background, you will work with your marketing data peers to build best-in-class forecasting, uplift, and media mix models as well as to create tools for self-service analytics, while advising the marketing team on how they can improve their decision-making using data.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to understand and adapt quickly to changes in advertising, regulations, and consumer behavior.
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, or engineering.
- 5+ years of experience helping marketing teams increase ROI, ideally within a mobile game environment
- Proven experience in using machine learning for forecasting, regression, and classification tasks in marketing.
Knowledge of probabilistic machine learning models (e.g., Bayes rule, univariate and multivariate Gaussians, Gaussian processes, hierarchical models, graphical models).
- Experience in creating and maintaining data engineering pipelines and MLOps on AWS.
- Ability to create data transformations by writing SQL queries.
- Using Python and its libraries for data science and data visualization.
Ability to perform hyper-parameter tunning and backtesting.
- A talent for helping non-technical people to define the use cases and questions relevant to the business, then answering them with sound data science.
- Designing the best ways of communicating, visualizing, or reporting your results and analysis so they are unambiguous.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain your views in a concise and coherent way.
- Knowledge and interest in gaming, tech, and media industry trends.
- General knowledge of Japanese anime and Bandai Namco IPs would be appreciated.
- Bonus points for experience working with Apple SkAdNetwork, building revenue attribution models and conversion values.
*If you do not have any experience within a mobile game company, we would like to receive a cover letter, detailing your motivations to move into the industry.