Market Operations Analyst
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, 4 days @ 80% salary and compressed hours. Don't let anything stop you from applying.
Posted 1 month ago
The future of energy is digitized, decarbonized and localized. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. As well as our office in the US, we have three offices in the UK and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2022 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, remotely or a mix of remote/office. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
The principal roles of the Market Operations Analyst are, i) to assist the ISO power scheduling and operations functions, ii) to assist in building and maintaining the pricing model/engine, iii) to maintain load forecasting capabilities, iv) to manage REC operations, and v) reconcile ISO Settlements.
The person in this position will develop significant expertise around ISO operations, and all aspects of structuring and pricing, including wholesale and retail market rules. This position will be responsible for working closely with trading, sales, enrolments, billing and IT.
In this role, you will be involved with the following:
ISO Operations and Load Forecasting:
• Work with team to ensure all ISO operational requirements are met appropriately, including forecasting, scheduling, UCAP auction participation, collateral monitoring, maintaining load assets, and supporting billing/finance;
• Assist Finance group with operational matters, including ISO reconciliations, and monthly GM estimates for closing;
• Assist team with Load forecasting/scheduling financial analysis.
• Assist in building and maintaining highly detailed retail pricing models for all of SmartestEnergy US’s markets and products;
• Develop and maintain procedures for component curves and fixed charges for pricing models;
• Assist team with forecasted vs actuals analysis for non-energy components.
• Work collaboratively with trading, manage REC positions in all markets;
• Ensure compliance with State requirements;
• Assist team with REC Retirements.
To be successful in this role, you are likely to have the following skills/experience:
- Graduate in a relevant discipline or area;
Solid understanding of ESCO Operations;
Ability to rapidly comprehend ISO and LDC rules;
Ability to rapidly comprehend the basics of the energy retail supply business, including pricing, sales and trading;
Customer/counterparty facing skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to develop energy industry competence and expertise;
- ISONE experience preferred.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.