Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Oakland, USA ⚠️
thredUP is transforming resale with technology and a mission to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. By making it easy to buy and sell secondhand, thredUP has become one of the world’s largest resale platforms for women’s and kids’ apparel, shoes and accessories. Sellers love thredUP because we make it easy to clean out their closets and unlock value for themselves or for the charity of their choice while doing good for the planet. Buyers love shopping value, premium and luxury brands all in one place, at up to 90% off estimated retail price. Our proprietary operating platform is the foundation for our managed marketplace and consists of distributed processing infrastructure, proprietary software and systems and data science expertise. In 2018, we extended our platform with thredUP’s Resale-As-A-Service (RaaS Ⓡ), which facilitates modern resale for a number of the world’s leading brands and retailers. thredUP has processed over 125 million unique secondhand items from 35,000 brands across 100 categories. By extending the life cycle of clothing, thredUP is changing the way consumers shop and ushering in a more sustainable future for the fashion industry.
How You Will Make An Impact
As the Manager, SEC Reporting, you will be responsible for leading our external and internal reporting functions. You will also manage technical accounting research and the implementation of new accounting standards. You will have a significant impact on the way thredUP manages our accounting and reporting functions. You will have a high degree of exposure to executives, the audit committee, business peers and key partners in articulating SEC reporting and implementation of new accounting policies.
In This Role You’ll Get To:
- Manage the preparation of SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, and other SEC filings utilizing the Workiva tool
- Prepare earnings release and other public facing documents and participate in development and validation of key metrics and investor decks in collaboration with Legal, Investor Relations and FP&A
- Own the non-GAAP reporting policy and documentation, and ensure adequate controls over non-GAAP calculation and reporting
- Create and maintain internal and external reporting calendar, coordinate key timelines and deliverables, and work collaboratively with various business partners and audit committee to ensure timely, accurate and complete reporting and future potential public filings
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of schedules and analyses for monthly/quarterly reporting packages
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation and delivery of audit schedules for financial statements and in areas of focus
- Perform benchmarking against peers as it relates to accounting and reporting requirements to continuously improve our SEC filings
- Lead the analysis and implementation of new accounting standards and emerging accounting topics.
- Assist in the analysis and review of significant transactions and contracts in the areas of stock-based compensation, debt, M&A, restructuring, leases, and prepare related accounting memos
- Lead the preparation of identifiable tangible and intangible asset annual impairment testing, going concern analysis, etc.
- Provide assistance and support for projects and activities related to internal reporting, tax and FP&A
- Maintain proper process/policy documentation, strong disclosure controls and procedures, and internal controls; partner with internal and external auditors to ensure continued compliance with SOX
- Develop and manage strong, collaborative relationships with peers in finance and business partners across the organization to understand the business and apply that knowledge to the financial statements and reporting
- Evaluate processes, drive system enhancements, and identify opportunities to optimize and scale accounting, controls and reporting
What We’re Looking For:
- 6-8+ years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in retail or high tech,
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting or finance and CPA
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of U.S. GAAP and financial statement preparation
- Proficient in in Workiva and Intelligize
- Prior experience with using NetSuite and Equity Edge Online preferred
- Equity accounting experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to take ownership of projects and deadlines, and hold others accountable to deadlines and deliverables
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well both independently and in a team environment, and ability to interact effectively across the Company and with various business partners
At thredUP, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays between $125,000 and $161,000, and your actual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Many thredUP employees also have the opportunity to own shares of thredUP stock. thredUP employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, as well as a discount when purchasing thredUP stock if voluntarily participating in thredUP’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Subject to eligibility requirements, you’ll also receive other benefits: Comprehensive medical & dental coverage, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance.
What We Offer:
- 4-day work week, with Fridays off
- Hybrid work environment: 3 days in the office and 1 day remote each week
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data)
- Many thredUP employees also have the opportunity to own shares of thredUP stock and are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 13 company holidays
- Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full time employment
- Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
- We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
- RaaS - Inc. Magazine, 2022 Power Partner Awards
- Thrift the Look– TIME Magazine, The Best Inventions of 2022
- Winner of Lattice's “People Vision” - recognizing thredUP as a top place to work for our investment in professional development and our innovations in work-life integration
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
If you are a candidate with a disability and have a reasonable accommodation request for the job application process, please email [email protected] the specific details of your disability related accommodation request. This email address is reserved for candidates with disabilities only. General application inquiries will not receive a response.