Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
Management Accountant: Finance Department
💻 100% Remote
🌍 UK Based
The Social Element:
Hello! We are a leading global independent full service social media agency, founded 21 years ago. Our 260+ team members look after some of the world’s largest brands (Visa, Nissan, Dr Pepper). We pride ourselves on our ability to build strong relationships with our clients enabling us to be the voice of their brand on Social.
We believe that brand growth, trust and loyalty is driven through Genuine Human Connection and that social media presents the best opportunity for brands to engage emotionally with their audience.
We are headquartered in London and have a global footprint with subsidiaries in North America, Australia, and Spain and have an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our Finance team ♥️
What You’ll Do 📅
As a Management Accountant you will be a key member of the agency enabling the smooth running of our departments from an accounting and finance perspective.
This is a varied role and as well as processing management accounts, financial analysis, reporting and budgeting; you will be supporting some key senior individuals within the agency as well collaborating with client teams to ensure our work continues to run smoothly.
This is an all-round finance role which will give you the opportunity to have the autonomy to take full ownership of the month end process and finance function.
- Raising orders, processing supplier invoices/staff expenses, reconciling against supplier statements, credit card reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, preparing accruals/prepayments/balance sheet reconciliations
- Lead monthly job bag meetings & analyse project profitability.
- Completion and submission of quarterly VAT return
- Assisting in the annual audit and liaising with accountants when required
- Supporting the FD in completion of budgets and monthly forecasting
- Training new users in Paprika and managing upgrades/developments with the software consultants.
- Assisting with Payroll reporting preparation for external Payroll Providers.
- Other Ad Hoc duties/general support to the Finance Director
About You 👇
- Proven and strong experience in the world of finance, ideally in the advertising and/or marketing industry
- Flexible 'can do’ attitude
- Organised, professional and conscientious
- Strong time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player but can demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Previous experience within a similar finance role is essential
- An experienced user of Paprika is essential for this role
- CIMA/ACCA part-qualified or looking to work towards desired qualification
- Excellent Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to operate to tight deadlines
- Proactive, demonstrating initiative and enthusiasm.
Please note these benefits are for UK employees only:
🏠 100% Remote working (with occasional travel)
📅 Flexible working schedule (NOTE: depending on the role)
🏖️ 33 days of holiday (including the bank holidays)
🎂 Birthday off
✨ Annual Occasion Day off for an important event (eg moving house, getting married)
❤️ 1 Volunteer day off
🌞 Flexible Fridays (Working half day)
👓 Eye care: Contributions towards eye tests and glasses
🏥 Enhanced sick pay: 4 weeks full pay, 4 weeks half pay
👪 Enhanced family friendly policies
😴 Career Break: After 1 year's service, can take between 4 weeks and 1 year unpaid leave.
🤗 EAP scheme and wellbeing support
🛍️ Access to our discounts website
The Hiring Process
The hiring process for this position will be made up of the following stages:
🤝 Initial Call with one of Talent Team
✨ First Interview with Finance Director and one of Talent Team
🧑🤝🧑 Final Interview with Chief Operations Officer and Finance Director
The Social Element Values
Work according to the company values
Do it Well 💪
Be One Team 🧑🤝🧑
Do the Right Thing ✔️
Keep Pioneering 💡
Make Them Smile 😃
The Social Element Behaviours For Success
Be focused and decisive 🔥
Be brave and inspirational 🦸
Be rigorous in our approach 🕵️
Be considered and inclusive 🤗
Be loud and proud 🔊
Our Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Commitment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Our recruitment process is fair, transparent and based on merit, skill and experience related to the role. We welcome applications from diverse and under-represented groups regardless of their background.
We value having divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at The Social Element. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
We are also able to make reasonable adjustments throughout the full recruitment process so we invite you to identify any additional support that you may require to ensure you are supported throughout the full process.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so even if you feel you don’t fulfil all the requirements, we encourage you to still apply — we’d love to hear from you! 🙂