- Salary: Day Rate £300- £500 depending on availability
**Ideal Start Date**: ASAP
Talewind are an independent UK games studio, breathing adventure into the metaverse. Our mission is to create incredibly fun and engaging gaming experiences that last a lifetime.
We are on the hunt for talented and motivated creatives to play a major role in the creation and development of our games and shape the future of our studio.
This role will be working on one of our projects - a warm, funny, and mysterious science-fantasy game, which we're building in the Sandbox - a virtual world where players can build, own, and monetize their gaming experiences.
As a member of the Talewind team you care about the little details that make all the difference, shaping the games we create and bringing joy to our players. You love collaborating with others and articulate your ideas and solutions effectively. You are proactive and curious, with a drive to better not only the studio and our working practices but also the world around us.
Your day to day will look like:
- Planning out and iterating on all parts of the level design processes including, but not limited to: level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling
- Hands-on working in engine
- Collaborating with cross discipline teams on storytelling, and creating exciting, innovative and engaging levels
- Using player feedback to improve the gameplay experience
- Working closely with the Lead Designer and the project team on creating an unforgettable player experience.
We think you'll do great if you have:
- Relevant experience as a strong Level/Content Designer on at least one published title
- Single player/multiplayer experience
- Experience designing avatar-centric 3D levels
- Experience working with MMO RPGs or Adventure games
- A creative, agile and player-centric mindset
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
**Nice to have:**
- An understanding of The Sandbox and the metaverse
- An interest in GameFi, tokenomics and crypto games
- Previous experience working in a remote team.
- ***4 day*** working week, Monday to Thursday, Friday is yours!
- Fully remote, work from the comfort of anywhere you like within UK
- Pension contributions
- Virtual Yoga sessions
- Paid for regular meet-ups and socials
- Regular treats (doughnuts to your door!)
- We’re a small team with big dreams. Every single employee will have a direct impact on the way we run our company and the games that we make.
Building a studio for the future
At Talewind we are committed to promoting and building an inclusive studio. We want and celebrate diversity within our team - difference makes us and the games we make better.
We strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation to apply for any of our vacancies.
**Come work with us!**