Location: Remote - Anywhere (Open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.)
At 10up, we call developers like you engineers because you aren’t just a “coder”: you’re an innovative problem solver that uses web programming skills to divine smart, creative solutions to client challenges. As a Lead Web Engineer at 10up, you are taking the driving seat in building websites and solutions utilized by millions of people daily. 10uppers have been pushing the boundaries of WordPress for over 12 years—help innovate the internet by building exciting projects alongside a top-in-the-field team.
You’ll work on a combination of unique projects and ongoing support engagements that help season your technical leading skills. As a leading digital agency, 10up’s client roster spans from innovative startups and impactful non-profits to some of the biggest names in the industry, such as ESPN, Google, The New York Times Co., Microsoft, and The Nobel Prize Committee.
As a 10upper, you have options for flexible and alternative work schedules. Intentionally remote since day one, spanning six continents and 40 countries, 10up fully embraces the benefits of distributed work.
What you will do:
- Develop enterprise-level WordPress plugins and/or themes primarily using PHP and Gutenberg blocks in React.js.
- Drive strategy in collaboration with experts across multiple disciplines, and lead overall technical vision and delivery on large-scale projects.
- Engage meaningfully with clients; leading demos and driving discussions.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Engineering discipline by leading and mentoring other fellow engineers
- Ultimately you will make the web better by finely crafting websites, apps, and tools that reach millions of online visitors every day.
- Your experience leading large-scale enterprise projects makes you well-suited to lead a team of senior engineers, and wrangle multiple stakeholders, to find simple yet elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Your expert skills in WordPress engineering with PHP, React.js, and Gutenberg consistently follow best practices and set the highest standards of excellence.
- You have a code portfolio. Link us to your best WordPress work on GitHub and you’ll never have to do any live coding or whiteboard testing!
- You have the ability to expertly debug performance and caching issues across environments.
- You prefer to work fully remote and are effectively engaging in a distributed team from the location of your choosing.
Benefits of interest:
- Multiple paid time off programs, including accrued PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave, and company holidays – including an all-company break from Christmas Eve to New Years Day.
- Health, dental, and life insurance programs (available for United States team members).
- Retirement contribution programs (currently available in the U.S. and U.K.).
- Flexible and alternate schedule programs - including options for 4-day work week (Monday-Thursday) configurations.
- $3,000 USD accrued annually in professional development budget for you to spend on conferences, training, or to buy back time for programs like independent study.
- Global Company summits – opportunities to meet, socialize and learn with fellow 10uppers in person at remarkable destinations.
- An end-of-year all-hands bonus program, along with smaller opportunities for recognition throughout the year.
- A Director of Engineering that supports your career growth and development.
$80,000 - $140,000 a year
The expected annual salary range for this position is between $80,000 and $140,000 USD. Compensation is determined based on a variety of factors including relevant experience, other job related qualifications/skills, geographic location, and business needs.
Join our team!
If you are passionate about 10up's mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don't check all the boxes, please apply. If you consider yourself a Full-Stack Engineer, please choose the discipline and job title that most closely aligns with your focus/primary area of expertise. We personally review each application and can always pivot roles after you enter the hiring process.
Read more about What to Expect through our Recruiting process.
Everyone gets a response and we don't want you to miss any communication from us! To ensure you receive updates on your application, please add [email protected] to your contacts list! #LI-Remote