Lead Data Scientist
Most of our team work full time hours (40hrs), but some of our team work on part-time contracts
Posted 4 days ago
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
About the role
This is a remote, part-time consulting position
- Design and develop data science pipeline using PySpark, Scala, SQL for parallel processing
- Drive predictive analytics from billions of time series data points
- Provide data modeling, mining, pattern analysis, data visualization and machine learning solutions to address customer needs.
- Lead small team of data scientists
Requirements for the role
- Applicants should have a Masters, PhD, or advanced training in applied mathematics, engineering, computer science, or a similar related field.
- 7+ years experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience working on predictive maintenance and IoT data collection
- Experience with PySpark or other big data tools to create horizontally scalable solutions
- Expert in time-series data and model building
- Relevant work experience, including experience applying advanced analytics, data mining and ML models
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Hands-on experience with ML frameworks, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, or similar
- Experience with cloud compute environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure
Equal Opportunity Employer
Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.