At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
The Instructure Technical Support group is responsible for providing technical assistance to the end-users of Canvas, our cutting-edge LMS software. Technical Support Representatives support end users, learning management systems administrators, and corporate users. Part Time agents are asked to support all of our users, through all channels (Phones, Emails and Chats). We do start our new hires out on our easier delegations to help them get used to the software and systems. 90 days after hire, we do require you to be in all channels. You’d also advise clients regarding the product's use and address specific user issues. During problem escalations, you’d act as a liaison between customers and Tier 2 Support. They will assist the clients from issue initiation through resolution or escalation.
The Force never sleeps and neither do we! Our Support team is awesome and available 24/7. You should expect to be scheduled for a 20 hour week, but as volume increases you may be required to work a 30 hour week, with hours being added to the beginning and/or end of their shift. As volume decreases you could be asked to work less hours. Notice will be given to make adjustments. That typically falls between 6:00am - 10:30pm MST, 7 days a week (so yes, you do need to have availability to work weekends). We can’t guarantee any shifts that will be given upfront because we like to keep things spicy (and they’re based on tenure), which is why we ask for open availability in order for this valuable relationship to get off the ground.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Take incoming phone calls from admins, teachers, and student end-users
- When taking phone calls:
- Validate and clarify the issue reported
- Answer how-to questions
- Fix end-user issues that are resolvable through the Canvas user interface
- Replicate, troubleshoot, and describe simple bugs
- Keep thorough, clear, and complete records in the ticketing system of all actions taken
- Escalate call tickets not resolvable at the L1 level to the L2 Support team
- Direct users to the correct helpdesk in instances where we cannot accommodate their request
- Be friendly, efficient, and dependable, and always provide timely updates to users
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Here's what you'll need to know/have:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Working on and/or some kind of College experience in information technology fields, preferred.
- Familiarity with Canvas, preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment.
- Fluent in English; Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Customer service experience, preferred.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Ability to think quickly, communicate positively (even when sharing bad news), work proactively, and readily embrace change
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interactions.
- Sense of humor. Like a really funny one.
- The workspace must be private (e.g. not a library or coffee shop).
- The workspace must be physically secure, located behind a door that the remote agent can close and lock when leaving the space.
- The workspace must allow the remote agent to participate in phone calls without the other party detecting that they are working in a non-office setting.
- The workspace must have a fast, stable internet connection.
- The workspace must be adequately lit and climate-controlled.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.