Key Account Manager
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, 4 days @ 80% salary and compressed hours. Don't let anything stop you from applying.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Ipswich, UK ⚠️
In this role your purpose is to manage and renew existing electricity supply contracts and associated added value services with customers and TPI’s, as assigned by the Key Accounts Team leader.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day running of supply contracts, as well as maintaining the relationship with both the TPI and customer.
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?
- Experience or knowledge of electricity supply contracts, both fixed and flexible;
- Knowledge of energy market movements and the drivers behind them;
- Knowledge of energy industry changes and opportunities;
- Understanding of external tender processes and general credit procedures;
- Knows how to prioritise work load to maximise time and effort for commercial return;
- Driving Licence;
- Motivated self starter and able to work with high level people internally and externally.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Own the relationship with the multiple customers to drive customer value;
- Renew customer contracts to deliver margin in line with objectives;
- To seek, develop and conclude early renewal opportunities to prevent contracts going out to tender;
- Have input into product development and the structuring of complex contract solutions;
- Where renewal tenders are issued, the role holder will be expected to organise the processing, pricing, negotiation and winning of the renewal tenders;
- Through an understanding of customer needs, identify and exploit opportunities to increase value for both the customer and Smartest;
- Represent the customer within SmartestEnergy to drive customer focus and innovation to deliver value;
- Represent SmartestEnergy at external customer and industry events where required;
- Develop and maintain reporting, in line with the customer retention strategy and objectives set;
- Implement/manage and update customer engagement plans in line with objectives;
- Work with Operations and Sales Operation on the development and delivery of services to the assigned customers;
- Complete the Deal Approval process (both directly and in support of team);
- Identify opportunities to develop TPI and Customer relationships and attend offsite meetings, marketing and hospitality events where appropriate;
- Support the CDM team on new business opportunities and colleagues on major renewal tenders;
- Annual Non-energy Rate Setting and associated communication;
- General customer communication i.e., reconciliation, energy labels;
- Market understanding – consistently develop own knowledge of the industry and the changes within it to apply the knowledge and act as an industry expert for customers whilst also enhancing the customer proposition;
- Contribute to and drive innovation to enhance the customer offering.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days a year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and 10% non-contributory pension from month three;
What does hybrid working mean to us?
Hybrid working typically means 2 days in the office location listed on this advert and 3 days working at home each week. Some occasional travel to our other offices may be required.
What happens next?
Once we receive your CV it will be reviewed by a human– no bots here!
The average process once we receive your application takes around 2-3 weeks with typically 2 stages of video interviews using Teams – however this can change depending on the role (we may invite you to see us face to face or just need 1 video interview).
If you need any support you can see who to contact in our Recruitment Team on the advert – any questions please just let us know .
Get to know us better....
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2024 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.