Junior UX Designer
We work a 4 day week (36 hours per week)
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in South Salt Lake City, USA ⚠️
PDQ, founded in Salt Lake City, UT, makes device management simple, secure, and P retty D amn Q uick. IT teams use our products to reduce complexity, improve efficiency, and enhance control in their unique environments. We are backed by TA Associates and Berkshire Partners, top-tier global PE companies. SimpleMDM and SmartDeploy are powered by PDQ.
PDQ's Mission: We make device management simple, secure and pretty damn quick.
PDQ's Core Values: Honesty, Ownership, Collaboration and Improvement
PDQ is seeking a UX/UI Product Designer to join our small but mighty Product Design team. In this role, you’ll create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes for new and existing product features. The ideal candidate has basic to intermediate knowledge of UI design, UX patterns, and Figma.
Please note: All applications for this position must include a link to portfolio for serious consideration.
How you might spend your day:
- Be involved in every aspect of the process from project kickoffs, UX, concepts, usability, prototyping, and post-launch refinements
- Collaborate with other designers on your tasks
- Present your work to teammates for feedback
- Work with teammates to maintain a Design System
- Estimate timelines for deliverables, while being flexible as priorities change
- Participate in customer interviews
- Collaborate with a Product Researcher to understand product usage data and user patterns
Who you are:
- 1-3 years designing UI and/or UX for mobile apps, web apps, or SaaS products
- An online portfolio highlighting design work
- Use empathy and data to uncover user needs
- Understand good practices with design patterns, usability, and human behaviors
- Humbly and openly receive feedback
- High level of design quality and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication
- Openminded and eagerly willing to learn
Tools we use:
- Microsoft O365
Do you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all the requirements? Apply anyway - you could be exactly who we are looking for!
PDQ offers all of the great perks and benefits you'd expect from working at a very cool tech company, and even some you might not expect, including:
4-Day Work Week
Managers who champion professional development and are technically experienced (the best kind of experience)
100% Premium Coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your dependents
100% Premium Coverage for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life, and AD&D Insurance
Company Match of the first 6% of your employee deferrals after you’ve been employed with us for 90 days
Flexible Paid Time Off Policy that treats you like the adult that you are
Health Savings Account (HSA) and wellness incentives
Quarterly Company Values Award (team member nominated)
PDQ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. If you would like to request reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact [email protected].
*Currently, candidates who are eligible for fully remote positions can live in any of the following US states: AR, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, OK, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI.