Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud-based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
We have very little legacy, but that doesn’t stop us looking for ways to improve. For instance, we are already exploring ways to improve some services we transitioned to the cloud very recently. Quickness and efficiency are always a priority, but we never compromise on security, usability, or reliability getting there.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
Technology is at the heart of the business, and we have a world-leading Technology stack that enables us to offer the most efficient, user-friendly app-based bank. The Technology team has end to end responsibility for all aspects of our Technology, from architecting the future, engineering solutions, to deploying and managing our technology services. Our Tech teams are now set up in paced change & delivery teams, delivering different types of initiatives aligned to Business Value Streams to support our business growth.
Atom’s Engineering team consists of Web Development, Automation, Integration, iOS, Android, Middleware, Micro Services & Data Management. We collaborate, support and work closely with other areas within the business including DevOps, Architecture & Insight and Intelligence. As a Junior iOS Engineer you’ll sit within the iOS team in our Frontend Guild, whilst working within the delivery remit of our Savings Value Stream.
You’ll be part of a team that delivers a highly rated App for iOS & OS X, focusing on continuously developing and iterating our app and ensuring smooth integration with our backend services. Working on different layers of infrastructure with other Engineers, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate, problem solve, create sophisticated designs and quality products in our native app.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Contribute to daily stand-ups
- Contribute to technical design and to ensure associated artefacts are documented to agreed standards
- Support the development Atom’s iOS App using Swift and other tools
- Ensure attack vectors are minimised & security issues are raised appropriately
- Ensure that all developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing, secure development)
- Work with third parties to facilitate integration & smoke testing
What do we need from you?
- Some experience developing applications using Swift for iOS & OS X
- Conversant with modern Software Design Patterns such as MVVM or MVC
- Ability to take a design document and produce a software solution based upon it
- Experience/ training of software development and documentation production
- Understanding of the testing processes revolving around software development.
- Knowledge of iOS OS and device ecosystem
- Knowledge of working with a source control solution such as Git.
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible Hybrid & Remote working
- 4-day work week
- Annual Share Option – performance-related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.