Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Romania ⚠️
Purpose of Position
We’re Awin, a global affiliate network that connects customers with brands in over 180 countries. We operate in four main regions, US, Brazil, UK, and Germany. With the renovation of our marketing technology, we’re transforming our finance structure to operate with a more global approach which created the need for a new Junior Accountant.
This could be a great role for you if you like to work with numbers, pays very close attention to small details, and enjoys working with teams from across the organization to provide our customers with tremendous service. We need someone in this job who understands accounting principles and has customer service experience.
The Junior Accountant will report to the Senior Accountant and work closely with the members globally across the finance team.
- Answer customers questions such as invoice payment status, copy of invoice request, and statement of account requests
- Has an understanding of bank reconciliations
- Research unidentified cash receipts (unallocated cash) and coordinate with Account Managers/Campaign Assistants & Customers to ensure timely identification and application to customers’ invoices
- Assist with accounts receivable reconciliations ensuring our subledgers align with our general ledgers
- Assist with customer account closures by processing customer refunds
- Complete invoice clearing process and collaborate with the Publisher Payments team to pay publishers
- Identify and recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Assist in month-end close reporting, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations as related to Accounts Receivable
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, policies, and procedures
- Other ad hoc projects by request
Skills & Expertise
- 1-2 years of accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, with experience in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics D365 preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with fluency in speaking, reading & writing in English.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
(Company language: English )
- Use our company training offers gain and improve your knowledge on a variety of topics
- You will work on 4 days per week; on the 5th day (to be agreed on with your manager) you can dedicate time to trainings or development, or finish up work if needed but without meetings, or simply take the day off for your own wellbeing, depending on the current team / business needs.
- Remote/hybrid working: In agreement with your manager, you can work from home or other location instead of at the office multiple days a week.
- Say thank you to colleagues by sending them a voucher through our peer-to-peer programme
- Enjoy our coffee machines with free drinks, including coffee, hot chocolate, tea, fresh fruit and snacks.
- Taking care of your mental wellbeing by offering access to various mental health initiatives