IT Infrastructure Engineer
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, 4 days @ 80% salary and compressed hours. Don't let anything stop you from applying.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Ipswich, UK ⚠️
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation, monitoring and maintenance as well as overall improvement of the IT Infrastructure - Such as Physical and virtual server estate Windows and Linux), local and wide area Network, Telephony and any other request with association to infrastructure.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Work within agreed Service Level Agreements and always ensure the availability and performance of IT infrastructure, highlighting & escalating any concerns in a timely manner;
- Working closely with other IT Operations and IT Delivery teams to ensure there is a coordinated approach to infrastructure delivery and operations alongside day-to-day incident management;
- Work individually and in teams to support BAU and project related tasks as set out by the line manager;
- Ensure any incidents/downtime is minimized and normal service is resumed ASAP and root cause investigate to introduce changes and/or improvements to prevent reoccurrence as part of continual improvement;
- Proactively recommending and suggesting service improvements in the areas of reliability, performance, availability, security, supportability, or cost;
- Provide project and hands on support to key technical migration project within SmartestEnergy;
- Contribute to the development and execution of procedures and policies for infrastructure administration;
- Provide weekly status reports to the line manager and other business areas as required;
- Assist with general maintenance and patching activities for the Infrastructure team;
- Provide where required relevant updates and communication to the respective business areas;
- Monitor network performance/utilisation statistics and recommend/implement changes to ensure optimum network performance.
What skills/experience do I need to be successful?
- Strong Experience working in cloud technologies, including MS Azure;
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Server from 2008-r2 to Latest versions;
- Strong virtualization experience using Hyper-V, managing multiple clustered virtual environments and the related tools;
- Experience within Backup, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity;
- Strong networking skills including switching, routing, firewalls and storage networks;
- Experience using Powershell;
- Very good knowledge of implementing and managing Microsoft Azure environments using a CI/CD Dev-Ops environment with good knowledge of IaC (Ideally using Terraform);
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2016/Office 365 and Microsoft Windows Based Server environments.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days a year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and 10% non-contributory pension from month three;
What does hybrid working mean to us?
Hybrid working typically means 2 days in the office location listed on this advert and 3 days working at home each week. Some occasional travel to our other offices may be required.
What happens next?
Once we receive your CV it will be reviewed by a human– no bots here!
The average process once we receive your application takes around 2-3 weeks with typically 2 stages of video interviews using Teams – however this can change depending on the role (we may invite you to see us face to face or just need 1 video interview).
If you need any support you can see who to contact in our Recruitment Team on the advert – any questions please just let us know .
Get to know us better....
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2024 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.