Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
The Body Coach is on a mission to make the world fitter, healthier and happier.
Founded in 2012, the Body Coach has grown to become one of the biggest and most loved fitness brands in the UK. Joe Wicks started the journey handing out flyers at his local train station, trying to get customers to join his outdoor bootcamps in the park. Ten years and 600,000 clients later, the Body Coach brand is recognised around the world, and known for its accessible and fun approach to fitness and nutrition.
With award-winning apps on iOS and Android, the business is reaching more people than ever before, and we are looking for the best people to help us on the next chapter of our journey.
“Fitness can transform our physical and mental health. My dream is for it to help millions of people, no matter how fit you are, to smash your goals and feel amazing” - Joe Wicks
We are looking for an enthusiastic iOS Engineer to help take The Body Coach to the next level.
You’ll be working alongside our senior iOS engineer on an app that is regularly featured on the App Store, is Editors Choice has a rating of 4.8/5 and a dedicated fanbase.
Our app is written in SwiftUI and targets iOS 14 and above. We use Swift Package Manager (SPM) to manage dependencies and GitHub Actions to run our automated testing and release processes. Our back-end is powered by lambdas running on AWS and we use GraphQL (AWS AppSync) as our API layer.
The engineering team are fully-remote around the UK but you can work from our office in Richmond, London any time you like. We meet in person every three months to plan for the future and catch up with each other.
What you’ll do
- Work in a cross-functional team comprising mobile and full-stack engineering, design and product management.
- Work with fellow engineers to deliver high-quality user experiences.
- Give and receive feedback through code reviews.
- Help maintain our development tools.
- Monitor crash reports and help to resolve user queries.
- Help prioritise technical parts of the roadmap and manage technical debt.
- We’re a remote friendly business; as a team we get together once a quarter to plan for the future and catch up with each other.
Please consider applying even if you don’t think you tick everything below.
- You’re a product minded software engineer.
- You have experience using SwiftUI.
- You have love of mobile user interface best practices and an understanding of the impact it has on users.
- You’ll value well-thought-out and straightforward solutions to problems.
- We live by our mission - you’ll get lifetime subscription to the Body Coach app (you’ll also get a friends and family discount...get ready to be popular!) and discounts from our partners.
- We operate a 4-day working week.
- You can take time out of your day, on top of your lunchbreak, to exercise.
- £500 annual personal development budget.
- We offer private healthcare, a generous company pension and enhanced gender-neutral parental leave policy.
- A fun, inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone feels they can bring their whole selves to work and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
- In keeping with the values of the Body Coach, we make all employment decisions without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
£45,000-£65,000 per year