Interest Form: Mentor Roles for Bootcamps Technical Tracks
Posted 1 month ago
edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
2U Bootcamps will be starting a new suite of online courses for working professionals titled Technical Tracks. This program will have Technical Tracks that students may choose from starting with Cloud Computing, Advanced Front End, and Advanced Back End. Technical Tracks are for developers that need to learn a new technology or upskill in a structured, 6-week course format that is engaging and project-based courses with weekly mentor sessions. Their dedicated mentor provides the expert support developers need and ensures they don’t get stuck along the way.
Why become a Mentor?
Mentors lead one-on-one sessions using our lesson plans to guide students in the right direction and support them in the course.
You don't have to have a ton of experience with teaching! You just have to be a lifelong learner, or love to help people change their lives to succeed.
What You Will Do:
- Lead one-on-one mentoring sessions by answer students’ questions and guiding them in the right direction
- Reply to students’ questions submitted in the form of ‘Support Tickets’
What makes you a great fit:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in Cloud Computing, Advanced Front End, and/or Advanced Back End
- A positive attitude
- Ability to understand our lesson plans that are provided by Trilogy
- Share your own professional experiences and industry insight with the students
- Be able to infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the student experience
- Part-time role
- Flexible Scheduling (end of week)
- 100% Remote
- Approximately 5 hours (or more) of time commitment per week
Hourly salary only: In Colorado, the anticipated hourly salary for this role is ($45/hr). Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate
*You must apply in your FULL LEGAL NAME* Your full legal name must be the EXACT name and spelling as listed on your government issued ID Card, birth certificate, name change order, adoption decree, naturalization or immigration documentation. Initials are not acceptable unless initials are part of your full legal name.