Infrastructure Engineer Cloud Hosting
Infinitas Learning is a dynamic educational resources company, and one of Europe's leading providers of innovative and engaging products and services for teaching and learning. We are passionate about transforming the way people learn. Our aim is to deliver flexible, market-leading solutions that support new approaches to learning for the 21st century. Our extensive print and digital product portfolio is specifically designed to enhance and enrich the learning process and raise standards of education at all levels. We understand the importance of working collaboratively and in partnership and have a team of world class authors and editors who are passionate about encouraging creative learning and supporting teachers. Between them, our companies create an impressive array of educational resources that are used in homes, primary schools, secondary schools, further education colleges and industrial institutions globally. Our products span interactive software, online learning, e-books, audio books and printed text books, many of which are market leaders in their field.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Europe ⚠️
Infrastructure Engineer Cloud Hosting
Who/What is Infinitas Learning?
Infinitas Learning is a leading supplier of innovative and appealing educative products and services for education and learning. Infinitas Learning consists of four educative publishers in Europe: Noordhoff in the Netherlands, Liber in Sweden, Leya in Portugal and Plantyn in Belgium.
At Infinitas Learning we have a passion to transform the way people learn. The goals is to offer flexible, leading solutions that support these novel approaches of learning in the 21st century. The Infinitas companies create an impressive range of educative resources that are used in private households, schools within primary, secondary, or higher education or within professional institutions. The products include interactive software, online learning, e-books, audiobooks, and printed textbooks, of which many are market leaders in their segment.
Infinitas Learning is making a transition into full cloud-based application environment, in which we support the digital platforms that empower our users to make use of our digital products. Within the Infrastructure team there are 2 focus areas. The Cloud hosting team focuses on the hosting and support of our own digital platform/products in Microsoft Azure (Azure, SQL, Kubernetes, MongoDB and Cloudflare). The IT/MS365 team focuses on our user environment, that is built on Microsoft 365 (Windows, Office 365, and Security & Compliance). This vacancy is within the Cloud Hosting team, that is working towards a Common Application Hosting Platform.
What are you going to do?
Most important activities
As Infrastructure Engineer Cloud Hosting you are responsible for:
- Working on implementing the Common Application Hosting Platform, working with technologies such as Microsoft Azure Cloud hosting, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, MongoDB/Atlas, Cloudflare.
- Supporting the core infrastructure and providing assistance to our product development teams that are developing and maintaining our digital application platforms
- Proactively prevent problems and automate standard tasks
- Working within the Cloud Hosting team, under guidance of the Principal Infrastructure Engineer, where you support each other in growing your expertise
What do we offer?
The role of Infrastructure Engineer Cloud Hosting is part of the Infrastructure Cloud Hosting team. Together with your team and the colleagues of IT Support and the Infrastructure IT/MS365 team you support our users and digital platforms, making sure we can all work on our mission to let people learn. You will be part of an international working environment that is in transition! You are part of the Technology Operations team of Infinitas Learning Product & Technology. We are offering an attractive package and benefits.
What do you bring?
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on (some of) the following technologies:
- Building and managing containerised applications running in Kubernetes
- Centralised APM and Log management solutions like the ELK stack.
- Production usage of Terraform for infrastructure provisioning and management.
- A good understanding of network principles including layer 7 application routing and CDN usage patterns.
- Microsoft Azure cloud hosting and have production experience of using AKS.
- Extensive usage of GitHub including GitHub Actions
- Good understanding of Database technology including SQL and NoSQL
- Good understanding of using Helm templates for Kubernetes deployments
- You will have a can-do attitude and enjoy technical challenges
- You will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are willing to work for a European company which operates over multiple countries and occasional travel maybe necessary
- You will be Fluent in spoken and written English
- You don't have a 9 to 5 mentality and are willing to work occasionally during the weekend
For more detailed information about this vacancy, please contact John Nuttal, Principal Infrastructure Engineer ( [email protected])