At Google, we have a vision of empowerment and equitable opportunity for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building reconciliation through Google’s technology, platforms and people and we welcome Indigenous applicants. Please see our Reconciliation Action Plan(https://reconciliationactionplan.withgoogle.com/) for more information.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in sales, advertising, online media, or consulting.
- 9 years of experience in team/sales management.
- Experience using Google products such as Google Ads, YouTube, and Google Marketing Platform.
- MBA or advanced degree.
- Experience in leading a team and delivering results in a matrix organization, requiring collaboration and effectively balancing trade-offs to drive decisions.
- Experience building relationships with C-level executives and regional contacts.
- Ability to lead a team and influence multi-functional resources, prioritize and focus team energy to achieve the numbers, and successfully navigate ever-changing situations.
- Demonstrated success building deep customer relationships and delivering solutions in service of joint value creation.
- People manager, who role models inclusive leadership, integrity, and influence based leadership.
About the job
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing businesses grow. Using your relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As the Industry Head you will lead a team of Industry Managers and Account Managers, coaching these reports, to partner with leading marketers in the industry and their agency partners to help their businesses grow. You will be the representative of Google within the Industry - seen as a trusted expert by key C-Suite managers decision makers externally. Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Develop the objective, translate into a strategy, and manage the execution across your team responsibility to fully unlock the potential in your industry verticals and advertising clients and agencies.
- Build and maintain relationships with executive level clients, industry-specific direct advertisers and relevant agency contacts, together with your team.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business needs of relevant industry advertisers, and provide insights into relevant consumer behavior to manage execution of key growth-driving initiatives.
- Build, motivate, inspire, and develop a direct team of Industry Managers, Account Managers as well as cross-functional specialist resources: Strategy and Insights Managers and Analytical Leads – providing team and individual development, guidance, feedback, and motivation.
- Build and develop team readiness to deliver complex advertising solutions and create a culture of business innovation and client success on the team.