Swift HR Solutions
Swift HR Solutions assists early-stage companies by providing a fractional people and culture solution that allows leaders to remain focused on key business initiatives. Our consultants have an average of over 20 years of experience in a wide range of industries. Founded in 2004 by Shannon Swift, Swift HR Solutions has now supported over 630 companies and added talent management and leadership development solutions. SwiftHR® pairs you with an experienced HR Consultant who will look and feel like your head of HR. Your Consultant will conduct an assessment of your current people practices and build a prioritized roadmap. With a fractional model, companies get a highly experienced HR professional for much less than it would cost to hire someone full-time. SwiftTalentTM talent management offers full-service and direct placement options for finding the best new hires. Clients get one point of contact to manage the end-to-end recruiting process. Committed to successful, efficient delivery of qualified candidates, we provide transparency throughout our engagement. SwiftLeadership® live, virtual workshops help new and developing managers learn the leadership skills that they need to succeed. These fun and interactive workshops are offered four times a year at an affordable price. What makes us different? -We are focused on early-stage startups, and we know your challenges -We are not a project-based company. We are a strategic partner helping align your people strategy to the business strategy. -We don't have a "standard" offering. Every Client has unique needs, and our Consultants have the experience to put the right practices in place for your specific culture. Over 60% of our current Clients have been with us for more than one year. If you are ready to explore how strategic HR can benefit you and your business, let's talk!
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
Our client, Carnation Farms is a community-based hub for regenerative food and agriculture that educates and empowers the work of culinary, food, and farming professionals. We aspire to help create a thriving regional food system connecting farmers and culinary professionals around shared values of regenerative food, health, and equity.
The HR Administrator plays a crucial role in ensuring the effective management of our human resources functions. The HR Administrator is responsible for overseeing various HR activities, including payroll administration, recruitment, employee relations, and compliance. This role will work closely with leadership and employees to create a positive workplace environment and supporting the company's growth and success. This position is part-time and hybrid.
Reports To: Executive Director & Financial Controller
Job duties are as follows but are not limited to:
Employee Relations & Development:
- Provide guidance and support to employees on HR-related matters, including policies and procedures, and benefits.
- Address employee concerns and resolve conflicts through effective communication.
- Work with Executive Director to develop, implement and oversee performance management processes, including performance appraisals and goal setting.
- Work with managers to address performance issues, develop improvement plans, and maintain all documentation.
- Identify training needs within the organization and create or source relevant training programs.
- Prepare employment-related documentation, conducts exit interviews, analyzes data, and makes recommendations to the management team for continuous improvement.
Recruitment and Onboarding (primarily first 3-6 months and then episodic):
- Conducts background checks on all new hires, following up with management when issues arise.
- Develop and complete all documentation for new hires.
- Coordinate and conduct new employee orientations and onboarding activities.
- Manage tech details of staff emails, email groups, network credentials, security groups and control access to secure files on the servers.
- Manage and oversee the entire payroll process, ensuring accurate and timely payments to all employees.
- Develop, maintain, and implement payroll systems, procedures, and polices for the company.
- Verify and process time and attendance records, including leave requests, overtime, and deductions.
- Stay updated on tax regulations and compliance to ensure accurate tax withholdings and filings.
- Handle any payroll discrepancies and resolve payroll-related issues promptly.
- Generate payroll reports for management and finance teams.
- Assist the finance department with annual audit regarding payroll and employee-related reporting.
HR Policies and Compliance:
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are in accordance with applicable requirements and industry best practices.
- Maintain and update the company Handbook.
- Stay informed about labor laws, regulations, and industry trends, always ensuring compliance.
- Oversee HR audits and make necessary adjustments to maintain compliance.
Benefits Administration (Annual):
- Monitor existing employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and FSA plan.
- Facilitate open enrollment processes.
- Assist employees with benefit inquiries and resolve benefit-related issues.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and manage benefits vendor relationships.
- Manage and maintain 401(k) entries, compliance, and records.
- Assist finance department with annual retirement plan compliance audit.
Recordkeeping and Reporting:
- Maintain confidential employee records, including personnel files and HR databases.
- Stay up to date on record retention requirements.
- Prepare and submit required HR reports to management and regulatory authorities.
- Stay updated on HR trends and best practices to drive continuous improvement.
- Serve as company representative as requested.
- Manages workers' compensation injury reporting/claim administration.
- Administers, tracks, and coordinates all FMLA and/or leaves of absences and coordinates with payroll.
Periodic, Episodic Roles:
- Contract Management - review any new contracts and maintain inventory of existing contracts, ensuring compliance with company standards, timely renewals, and processing contractor payments.
- Lease Management - annual renewals and record-keeping
- Safety Committee participation - be the admin point person on employee-led committee, being cognizant of OSHA and safety regulations and standards.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or related field preferred
- HR certification (e.g., SHRM-CP, PHR) is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in HR management, with a strong background in payroll processing.
- Excellent knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Proficiency in HRIS and payroll software.
- High level of discretion and ability to handle sensitive information.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a wide range of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel for data analysis, reporting, and creating spreadsheets for HR and payroll purposes.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) applications, such as Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar.
Certificates, Permits, and Licenses:
- Valid Driver's License
- Background Check
- CPR Training (provided by Carnation Farms Annually)
Job Type: Part-Time (approximately 24 hours a week), Non-Exempt
Pay: $33/hour - $35/hour
Current Benefits (subject to applicable policies and plans):
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and FSA
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 10-12 Paid Holidays
If you want to make a difference every day in support of the mission of Carnation Farms and have the experience and capabilities required for this position, please apply with your resume, along with a cover letter with salary expectations, explaining how your qualifications are a fit and why you are passionate about this role.
Carnation Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carnation Farms does not discriminate or determine employment on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, age, or any other factor; employment decisions are made only on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs. Carnation Farms is committed to an environment of mutual respect and maintains a zero-tolerance policy in regard to discrimination or harassment of any kind. Carnation Farms also values the power of diverse lived experiences and perspectives. We will accept applications until filled. Reference and background checks for finalists are part of the recruiting process of Carnation Farms.