Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, UK ⚠️
We are a global independent full service Social Media agency who is transforming the way in which brands approach social. Our 260+ team look after some of the world’s largest brands (Visa, Sony Playstation, Dr Pepper, Nissan) and are always seeking ways to make social better. We pride ourselves on our ability to enable brands to emotionally connect with their audience and be culturally relevant. We believe that social is central to building successful brands and achieving strong marketing results which is why we are building teams that blend brand, creative, innovation, data and social expertise.
To complete our team we are seeking a new Head of Social Media Management to help take things to the next level and be part of the exciting journey ahead.
This is a remote role with access to co-working spaces in London. The candidate will need to be able to travel to meet clients in person.
Is this you? 👊
😍 You will be obsessed with all things social and have a passion for building brands in this space.
💪You will have proven experience of leading and building expert social management teams.
🫂You will be restless in your passion for enabling brands to tap into culture and connect with their audience through social.
🏃Latest platform developments and trends excite you and you are always seeking to be ahead of what is happening next.
🎨You have experience of working with influencers and working with creators.
🚨Sound like you? We’d love to talk to you about this position!
What You’ll Do 📅
You will be leading our pan-European Social Media Management team, to be the absolute best in Europe. You will work across a portfolio of clients for all areas of social; covering both existing and emerging platforms, and working from strategy through to implementation and optimisation
You and your team will manage and own the platforms for our clients. Working alongside our creative, strategy and data teams, you will ensure that we deliver best in class social campaigns, content, engagement, reporting while spotting trends and opportunities for our clients to jump on.
- Work with the agency leadership team and key strategic partners to define the agency's Social vision and product offering including (but not limited to) paid, organic, influencer. Helping to define these commercially and operationally
- Provide overall vision and direction to Social (and Community) Management teams to foster a high-performing team culture, pushing for excellence in all areas of social management - strategy, development, deployment, engagement, reporting and optimisation
- You will oversee the day-to-day social management team who are looking after all social platforms for multiple brands and act as point of escalation/primary contact for client/team issues.
- Partner with the Strategic and Creative Leadership within the agency to ensure constant optimisation across outputs to keep our approach evolving and innovating
- Assess and educate clients on their readiness for Social and Influencer requirements
- Help build and implement Social and Influencer strategies for clients, from the simple to the complex
- Advise and guide clients on the best way to combine organic (platform portfolio, content strategy, creative ideation) and paid social (budget allocations, messaging, channels) to achieve their objectives optimally
- Participate/Lead new business pitches and be the representative of Social and Influencer where relevant, demonstrating specialist expertise and outstanding creative potential
- Help to develop and implement best practice processes and procedures for social management including, but not limited to - content development, scheduling, monitoring, playbooks, knowledge bases, crisis responses, FAQs, etc
- Provide expert training sessions for our clients to inspire and help improve their inhouse offering
- Thorough experience (at least 2 years) managing Social Management teams, ideally with Pan-European, complex clients
- Breadth of experience working with clients of different sizes, maturity and sector
- You live and breathe the social world; with a thorough understanding/knowledge of established platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter/X, TikTok YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat) and passion/enthusiasm for emerging and niche ones (Discord, Telegram, Reddit, Twitch)
- Proven understanding of all social management capabilities from strategic insight development and social listening through creative content development, deployment, engagement and optimisation
- Great presentation skills with a very thorough understanding of how to demonstrate the value of social to ‘Director’ and ‘Head of’ clients and tell data-driven stories
- Experience across different types of social - Organic, Paid and Influencer
- Experience working with a range of social management and insight tools including Sprinklr, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Talkwalker, Brandwatch etc.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and capable of managing teams across high-volume, quick turnaround social brand accounts
- Ability to demonstrate the value social can have to our clients businesses across their marketing and comms funnel
- Robust understanding of brand reputation and social crisis management.
- Strong relationship building skills at ‘Head of’ and ‘Director’ level client roles
Please note these benefits are for UK based employees on
🏠 Remote/Flexible working (with access to a co-working space/occasional travel)
🏖️ 36 days of holiday (including the bank holidays)
🎂 Birthday off
✨ Annual Occasion Day off for an important event (eg moving house, getting married)
❤️ 1 Volunteer day off
🌞 Flexible Fridays (Working half day)
👓 Eye care: Contributions towards eye tests and glasses
🏥 Enhanced sick pay: 4 weeks full pay, 4 weeks half pay
👪 Enhanced family friendly policies
🛍️ Access to our discounts website
The Hiring Process
The hiring process for this position will be made up of the following stages:
🤝 Initial Call with one of Talent Team (Virtual)
✨ First Interview with Client Services Director and Creative Director
🧑🤝🧑 Final Interview with Client Services Director and Managing Director or someone from European Leadership Team
The Social Element Behaviours For Success
Be focused and decisive 🔥
Be brave and inspirational 🦸
Be rigorous in our approach 🕵️
Be considered and inclusive 🤗
Be loud and proud 🔊
Our Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Commitment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Our recruitment process is fair, transparent and based on merit, skill and experience related to the role. We welcome applications from diverse and under-represented groups regardless of their background.
We value having divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at The Social Element. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
We are also able to make reasonable adjustments throughout the full recruitment process so we invite you to identify any additional support that you may require to ensure you are supported throughout the full process.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so even if you feel you don’t fulfil all the requirements, we encourage you to still apply — we’d love to hear from you! 🙂