Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, UK ⚠️
Position: Head of Sales & Travel Relations – L.E/Miami & SET
The fine print: Permanent, 4 day working week (4 day working week for 5 days’ pay!)
Hybrid - 3 days in the office (Shepherds Bush), 1 day from home & every Friday is a non- working day as standard.
Who we are
We are This is Beyond, leading creators of B2B communities in the high-end travel industry. With show stopping events in Marrakech, Miami, Cape Town, Bali, New Orleans and Puglia – with more in the pipeline – we have grown from an ambitious start-up to a worldwide leader in crafting events that are utterly unique and relentlessly creative.
Bringing together an elite group of buyers, suppliers, and leading PR and media pros, L.E/Miami is This is Beyond’s biggest event, specialising in contemporary and lifestyle travel. Uniting 1,800 powerhouse players in South Beach every June, we are recognised and celebrated industry-wide for our limited-edition approach, signature sass and progressive mindset.
SET (Specialists in Entertainment Travel) the newest show on our roster, unites entertainment and travel pros for three days of collaboration and connection, with representatives from every entertainment vertical in attendance.
Who we’re looking for
A sales and leadership supremo with serious presence, deep industry knowledge and a black book bursting with A-list contacts.
As the Head of Sales & Travel Relations, you’ll steer the sales ship of the two sexiest shows in high-end travel – L.E/Miami and SET.
A career-defining, genuinely unique opportunity to be the highly visible face of both events, we’re searching for someone with a palpable passion for networking within the luxury travel industry, as you’ll be working as a consultative partner to big brands and multinational companies on both the buyer and supplier side.
Day-to-day, you’ll oversee the delivery of the curated ‘marketplace’ – aka where the prescheduled meetings happen at both L.E/Miami and SET. You will define and own the strategy for both events, making sure only the best-of-the-best travel suppliers and buyers in contemporary and entertainment travel attend and inspiring a team of Sales Managers to reach their targets and drive profitability, year-on-year.
As a charismatic and driven sales leader, you’ll be confident creating a culture of camaraderie and constant improvement for your team. Oh, and you’ll regularly travel around the globe building new relationships and scouring for the hottest properties and agents in contemporary and entertainment travel – so we’re looking for an independent self-starter who’s happy to hop on a plane and plan a business trip to perfection.
How you’ll demonstrate success
- Daily management of the sales team members providing regular support, constructive feedback and mentorship while ensuring they hit annual sales figures (stand space, sponsorship, advertising etc.)
- Management and growing relationships with key/critical global accounts and industry partners.
- Working with Event Director and Brand Director to secure sponsorships from key travel, lifestyle and entertainment companies.
- Driving sales revenue/profit targets by ensuring the team has a clear understanding of their own targets and have the skills and ability to deliver results.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships with both exhibitors and buyers.
- Implementing the sales process through defined objectives and activity-based plans to ensure maximum growth and profitability.
- Set up and monitor a sales and activity reporting process to ensure that the targets are achieved on time and within budget.
- Attending events within each vertical and associated markets to keep up to date with competitor activity, identify potential clients, and network with existing clients ultimately to support the achievement of revenue targets.
- On a monthly/weekly/quarterly basis provide updated and accurate reports to advise the Event Director of the company’s position in relation to the team activity compared with the overall target.
- Responsibility of the entertainment and travel budget of the sales team in agreement with the Event Director.
- Creating yearly innovative propositions for the event to ensure new revenue opportunities are met.
- Finding new ways to connect and interact with customers.
- Implementing smarter and more efficient ways to work.
Sounds like you?
- 5+ years of experience in the world of hospitality, luxury travel or B2B trade events
- Knowledge of the key players in the contemporary travel and entertainment industries
- Proven success in leading sales teams and exceeding revenue targets
- Confident understanding of event sales cycles
- Understanding of Salesforce is preferred, but not essential
Benefits: 4 day working week (no working on Friday); hybrid working (3 days in the office in Shepherds Bush per week); ongoing learning and development; social events and travel opportunities.
This is Beyond is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic.