Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Australia ⚠️
Head of Sales & Account Management
Reports to: Managing Director - APAC
Location: Hybrid - Sydney CBD Office & remote
Hours: 32 hours per week (4 day week hybrid)
Who we are and what is important to us:
Wonde is an innovative and fast-growing, ed-tech (education technology) scale-up that is on a mission to deliver cutting-edge technologies to improve ways of working for the education sector.
Our goal is to ensure the focus is always on the learning outcomes for the students through the technology they use. We do this by transforming how school data is maintained, managed and accessed by third party applications (apps) via our simple API platform.
We are trusted by 27,000 schools across 60+ countries in the security and reliability of their technology and data.
We’re committed to changing students' lives and want the help of talented individuals who will support our journey in driving better outcomes for the education sector.
As we continue to grow at pace, we are seeking a Head of Sales & Account Management to lead our dedicated team.
As our Head of Sales & Account Management, you’ll play a strategic role in the company; driving enhanced revenue generating activities and expanding both the company and our brand’s market presence. You’ll be responsible for upskilling a growing team of Sales & Account Managers, leading by example to set a best in class culture whilst enjoying the challenge of doing things differently.
Your job is to align the approach to sales and account management that best supports the sales strategy of the business, to deliver an optimised market mix and work with different internal teams to deliver ultimate value to our app partners and schools.
You’ll be a people person who enjoys interacting with a diverse range of individuals and someone who enjoys doing things differently (we love new ideas!).
To fit with our passionate, high performing team, we seek a motivated self-starter and approachable team member who demonstrates a strong work ethic and integrity at all times.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop the sales & account management team, setting standards for best practice to optimise team performance and revenue growth.
- Define and communicate sales targets, report on key performance indicators and establish a culture of reflective practice and continuous improvement.
- Mentor sales professionals and guide them to achieve the company’s vision, goals and sales strategy.
- Maintain an awareness of business activity across the edtech sector to identify new or expanding opportunities.
- Work cross collaboratively to optimise engagement with and potential revenue from customers (Apps).
- Make data-driven decisions to achieve growth in commercial performance.
- Liaise with the Head of Marketing to coordinate brand awareness, promotional activities and presence at trade events.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Create and champion an elite culture, investing in our people.
- Conduct 1:1’s, setting goals and initiatives to enhance employee performance and job satisfaction.
Would working as the head of sales and account management suit your commercial acumen and analytical skills? Then read on to find out what competencies and qualifications you need to thrive in a head of sales role.
What you’ll bring:
- The desire and capability to own the sales and account management function.
- Proven sales manager or sales director experience with a demonstrable track record meeting and exceeding targets.
- Senior management experience within a tech, SaaS, or B2B environment.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services.
- Proven ability to position products against competitors.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with team members across the business.
- A proactive, can-do attitude and willingness to learn in a dynamic environment.
- The desire to innovate, challenge the norm and continually improve, not simply exist in the role.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Relevant right to work in Australia.
What you’ll get:
Wonde is much more than just a place to work. It is a place to grow, innovate, excel and learn. We have tech people, creative people and people people, all focused on providing a superior customer experience.
We value, support and champion those we work with - promoting personal growth and happiness. We get that our success is dependent on the collective energy, intelligence and contributions of all our team members and we are committed to ensure our work environment is the best it can be.
We value your commitment and have worked hard to create adaptable and comprehensive benefits packages to suit individual needs, although you can expect the below as standard:
- 4 day working week (no salary sacrifice, work for 4 get paid for 5!)
- Hybrid working environment (2 days Sydney CBD office/2 days WFH)
- Career Progression Framework supporting strong career growth opportunities across our three companies
- Comprehensive wellness programmes (special perks and benefits, think meditation retreats and continuous access to wellbeing apps/initiatives)
- Buying and selling holiday scheme (unlimited)
- Bonus holidays for length of service
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Use of new and leading technology in the form of Apple products
- Frequent company funded social events
- Office closure between Christmas & New Year
- Access to continuous professional learning and development opportunities
- Comprehensive employee referral scheme
- Casual Dress Code
In addition to the above, you’ll have access to our ‘take your pick’ benefits scheme which is tailored specifically to you!