Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~90 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
We’re looking to add an experienced SaaS product marketing leader to be responsible for marketing Close’s CRM and sales productivity solutions to the startup and small business market.
About the Role
As Close’s Head of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for the product marketing strategy aimed at positioning Close as the leading CRM solution for small businesses and startups.
You and your team will be responsible for delivering and defining messaging, crafting go-to-market strategies, and owning cross-functional product launches for Close's features.
You'll sit at the critical intersection of our product and our prospects. It will be your responsibility to ensure our product team, our marketing team, and our prospects are in alignment when it comes to messaging, positioning, and Close's unique value.
What you'll do
- Work with the Product & Engineering teams to inform and educate our target market and current customers about new products and solutions.
- Identify and define the ideal customer profile for Close, and the buyer personas that generally purchase.
- Craft compelling messaging and positioning that articulates what we do and how we're different than our competitors
- Lead the GTM approach for new products and features
- Keep a pulse on competitive and industry trends
- Act as the voice of the customer with our internal teams
Who you are
- Physically based in the United States
- 5+ years working as a product marketer for a B2B SaaS company
- 2+ years of experience in a product marketing leadership role, managing multiple individual contributors at once
- A strong philosophy and track record of communicating the effectiveness of a SaaS product to a specific audience of prospects and customers
🌏 Why Close?
- Watch our most recent culture video featuring our annual team retreat in Italy
- 100% remote company
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break with 2 additional PTO days for every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative
- Our story and team 🚀
💚 Our Values
- Build a house you want to live in - Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS - Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other - Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom - Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness - Constantly challenge yourself and others
💻 How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact - We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration - We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work - During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings!
- Autonomy & Freedom - Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
Working from 22+ countries, we’re a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Close has been 100% remote since 2016, creating an intentional workplace around asynchronous communication and collaboration. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
We practice a mature approach to the workplace -- manage your time effectively, communicate thoughtfully with your teammates and customers, and produce high quality work. We have impressive tenure amongst the team; we stay at Close because we love working with our colleagues, we appreciate the autonomy and we thrive in an environment that challenges us to do our best work.
Unanimously, our favorite value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We make decisions that are rooted in helping our customers become more successful. We care equally about the health of our business and the wellbeing of our people.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.
While we are excited by all the opportunities that generative AI has unlocked, we request that you refrain from relying on AI tools when completing an application. We ask these questions because we want to get to know you, your experience, and your communication style. All responses are read closely by multiple humans and any obviously AI generated applications will be disregarded.