Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~90 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
About the Role
As the first Head of Performance Marketing at Close, you will be responsible for managing and scaling our performance-based customer acquisition channels. Today, these channels include paid, partnerships, affiliates, and email marketing.
You and your team will implement and manage multi-channel marketing campaigns that drive both leads and pipeline. We expect you to test and iterate on generating leads and converting new customers from a wide variety of sources (organic, paid, outbound & inbound, partnership, affiliates) and communicate those results to the leadership team.
Simply put: your job is to uncover, examine, and present all of the opportunities where Close can win new customers in a sustainable way.
You’ll be managing 3-6 individual contributors. You’ll be responsible for effectively leading and inspiring your team. Your depth of knowledge and experience with performance marketing enables you to oversee strategy and leverage the skill sets of our existing team.
- 6+ years of experience working as a performance marketer in B2B SaaS, preferably with experience marketing to broad SMB audiences.
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing leadership role.
- An expert at defining audiences and experimenting with a wide variety of marketing channels to produce results, for our team at Close that means generating trials.
- Comfortable modeling and managing efficient spend and able to be highly critical of all marketing resources.
- You’re an expert in SEM and analytical tools for marketers. At Close, this includes Google’s product suite (Analytics, AdSense, Search Console), Ahrefs, Customer.io.
- You’re physically based in the US.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and grow existing performance-based customer acquisition channels.
- Lead a team of 3-6 reports from day one - supporting them in their day-to-day work and their career growth.
- Identify, test, and iterate on a wide variety of customer acquisition campaigns with your team of individual contributors.
- Provide detailed results and recommendations to the leadership team on where the company should deploy its resources to acquire more customers.
- Assist the Sales team by helping them identify and implement new strategies and tactics to achieve better results within our existing channels.
🌏 Why Close?
- Watch our most recent culture video featuring our annual team retreat in Italy
- 100% remote company
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break with 2 additional PTO days for every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative
- Our story and team 🚀
💚 Our Values
- Build a house you want to live in - Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS - Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other - Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom - Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness - Constantly challenge yourself and others
💻 How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact - We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration - We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work - During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings!
- Autonomy & Freedom - Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
Working from 22+ countries, we’re a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Close has been 100% remote since 2016, creating an intentional workplace around asynchronous communication and collaboration. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
We practice a mature approach to the workplace -- manage your time effectively, communicate thoughtfully with your teammates and customers, and produce high quality work. We have impressive tenure amongst the team; we stay at Close because we love working with our colleagues, we appreciate the autonomy and we thrive in an environment that challenges us to do our best work.
Unanimously, our favorite value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We make decisions that are rooted in helping our customers become more successful. We care equally about the health of our business and the wellbeing of our people.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.
While we are excited by all the opportunities that generative AI has unlocked, we request that you refrain from relying on AI tools when completing an application. We ask these questions because we want to get to know you, your experience, and your communication style. All responses are read closely by multiple humans and any obviously AI generated applications will be disregarded.