About the role #
Supabase is looking for a growth marketer to help continue to raise awareness of Supabase within the developer community. This role will require working across the entire customer lifecycle helping shape programs that drive awareness, activation, engagement, and expansion. In this role you will play a key role in establishing and operating the marketing and growth strategies for supabase by working cross-functionally with our engineering and growth teams to ensure we have the best possible marketing strategy and execution.
The ideal candidate has experience helping grow products which enable developers. You should be both strategic and highly execution focussed.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Planning and executing the Supabase marketing strategy
- Designing and executing on industry specific marketing campaigns
- Help promote and amplify all things Supabase: events, hackathons, our DevRel team profiles, launch week
- Outbound to co-ordinate and schedule events & conferences that we can participate in
- Outbound to find channels for content distribution (written, video, podcasts, interviews etc)
- Outbound to find partnership opportunities with code schools & 3rd parties for content co-creation
- Understand whats driving our user acquisition funnel and assets required to increase activation
- Monitor and measure our entire portfolio of assets and communicating the results of our marketing efforts internally so we understand what is most effective
- Create enterprise grade marketing materials that we can start to distribute from our own website and across other channels such as LinkedIn and DZone
- Find interesting case study opportunities and help turn them into content we can distribute across different segments
- Liaise and work with our incredible DevRel team to help them identify opportunities and amplify their efforts
- work with our amazing team of community writers to help find topics to write about
- Scope out and action our SEO strategy
- Help running email campaigns
- Community management
Skills and Experience #
- Building marketing funnels and running outbound campaigns
- Creating and managing social media campaigns
- Marketing to software developers & developer tooling space
- Marketing collateral aimed at enterprise and cloud native customers
- Metrics driven & an experimental mindset
- Marketing automation and CRM tools
- Experience with analytics platforms
- SEO experience
About Supabase #
Supabase is an open source Firebase alternative. We're backed by Y Combinator, Mozilla, Coatue, and a bunch of amazing developers.
Supabase is a platform which makes it incredibly easy to build and scale your projects.
About the team #
- 100% remote. Work anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- Autonomous work. We work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
Apply for this role using our online form.
- We hire in batches, but accept applications on a rolling basis, so now is always a good time to apply :)
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer
- are all 1:1
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call
- go directly to making an offer