About the role #
We're looking for Graphic / Web Designers to join our team to help change the way developers build their applications.
You'll be primarily responsible for growing our marketing and brand collataral across the entire Supabase ecosystem.
You'll be an indispensable part of team, by working very closely with our sales, marketing, front end team, founders and backend engineers; you'll be directly contributing to brand decisions, building a team culture and co authoring internal processes for a growing team. We want to expand our marketing efforts rapidly throughout 2022 and want you to be at the centre of growing and nurturing our brand, while also nurturing new talent that come on board.
This is an opportunity to truly take ownership of a fast growing developer tools outward facing visual communication, defining how it evolves, and how we can can scale it with our new products and new types of users.
What we need #
You will have a background of working with developers, building trust across a team and continually evolving and improving standards and processes.
You are a strong designer, with an extreme attention to detail. You are someone who strives to make visual communication the best it can be where others would give up.
You care about the quality and robustness of the designs you create while also collaborating with others in a healthy way. Reviewing fairly and honestly other team member's work and helping them become the best they can be.
You've worked in multi disciplinary teams before, working with other designers, developers, marketeers, customer support and sales staff. You communicate problems at high level and can effectively convey your assumptions, issues and progress to others well and honestly.
- Maintain a design library for Supabase brand, covering web assets, social media, video assets, icons.
- Help grow and maintain a shared library in Figma for UI components
- Design and maintain document templates / presentation templates, while also working with the sales/growth team to realize the best format for co-collaboration.
- Work with the design and front end team to improve our visual language, create brand guidelines and help maintain a consistent supabase visual voice across all our mediums.
- Deliver clear and well annotated mockups for marketing websites, documentation websites, blog posts and web applications
- Make the best Swag in the world
Must have skills #
- You can make what is complicated visually simple and easy to understand.
- You can jump between departments easily and communicate clearly so that the best solutions can be realised
- Understands how to design for power tools (dashboards - denser, contextual elements appear when needed, multiple states of visual information), vs marketing (landing pages - spacious, eye pleasing, sales driven, all elements visible)
- You are familiar with all modern design software, from figma/sketch to adobe suite
- You can deliver quickly, even in situations were there is little time for preparing.
- At least 3 years professional experience as a Designer, working freelance/agency. Preferably with experience in a start up environment, Developer tool / SASS product.
- Fluent in English language.
- Willingness to work in an agile environment
Nice to have skills #
- Prior knowledge of databases (postgres)
- You are also an engineer, (ie, You can build what you design)
- Interest in training and mentoring others
- web skills, such as HTML, JS, CSS, React, NextJS etc
About Supabase #
Supabase is an open source Firebase alternative. We're backed by Y Combinator, Mozilla, Coatue, and a bunch of amazing developers.
Supabase is a platform which makes it incredibly easy to build and scale your projects.
About the team #
- 100% remote. Work anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- Autonomous work. We work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
Apply for this role using our online form.
- We hire in batches, but accept applications on a rolling basis, so now is always a good time to apply :)
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer
- are all 1:1
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call
- go directly to making an offer