PLEASE NOTE: This is a contract position, must be able to work in Eastern timezone.
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold.We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Graphic Designer to the Marketing team. As a member of the Marketing team, you will be responsible for supporting Tulip's creative brand development from conceptualization to final production and will ensure consistency in brand identity for all print and digital media. This role works with our Marketing and Product Design teams to create prints, website pages, app mockups and digital advertising material for Tulip.
Tulip's Marketing team has the responsibility of connecting our brand, messaging, and positioning in the retail technology industry. Our focus is to create awareness for our company, differentiate our solutions, generate interest for our products and services, and understand the competition to create the sales and marketing materials the company needs to win in our market.
What you will do:
- Lead the initial creative process, working with other designers to develop a Brand Language for Tulip
- Create and maintain brand assets and usage guidelines across internal teams
- Establish creative direction to deliver a cohesive look and style across all consumer-facing material (including sales collateral, digital ads, website, email campaigns, and client presentations)
- Responsible for executing creative concepts, design, production of brand assets and designing projects with internal stakeholders and external agencies
- Work collaboratively with product design and marketing managers to translate technical concepts, marketing challenges and business goals into visual communication
- Design and package final production files for print, mobile/web, and broadcast media to support marketing campaigns
- Support creative direction for Tulip website including design and production of web pages and website visuals
- Design and produce all our sales and marketing materials including all our presentations, brochures, case studies, white papers, and infographics
- Connect with external agencies to lead the design (booths, signage, collateral, print and web advertising) for events and trade shows
- Work with product designers to create mobile app concepts for sales proposal and app demo.
What you have:
B.A. in Graphic Design or equivalent
3 years of experience in graphic/UI design (in-house and/or agency experience)
Excellent graphics/visual design capabilities including typography, sketching, composition, layout, colour, iconography, photography usage and the presentation of information
Understanding the latest design trends and best practices in graphic and UI design
Proficient with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, PowerPoint, Google Slides, and Keynote
Familiar with design tools such as Invision, Ziplin and Figma
Strong writing/communication skills. Able to communicate your ideas at all stages of the design process to a wide variety of audiences
A strong portfolio demonstrating a diversity of experience and strong visual communication skills
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of the luxury fashion industry.
- Illustration skill.
- Experience working in a product company environment.
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.