Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
Full Stack Developer Lecturer
- Type: Part-Time, Temporary
- Location: Remote
- Salary: £70 per hour
REED Further Education branch are working EXCLUSIVELY with a Professional Academy in a University based in the Republic of Ireland. First launched in 2020, the academy is looking to recruit part time, temporary Lecturers in a broad range of subjects to strengthen and grow it’s portfolio of courses offered and therefore seeking subject matter experts with experience in training.
Teaching remotely via a now, well-known online platform you will training working professionals looking to up skill, validate and consolidate their skills or explore new areas in a variety of subjects. The courses are generally around 30-36 hours, delivered on evenings Monday - Thursday. Each lesson last 3 hours. Although not accredited at present, the courses are offered at a level that is equivalent to a Level 6 in the National Framework of Qualifications. Each course is carefully developed by an internal team with the delivery being quality assured to ensure standards are met.
- Web Design - HTML, CSS, Page Layout, Tables and Forms, Create your first Website
- Python - Python Basics, GUI Programming, Lists, Functions, Inheritance, Polymorphism
- Databases - Relational Databases, SQL, NoSQL. CRUD, Interaction with Data
- Frameworks - How to Use Frameworks, Django, NodeJS, Express, Bootstrap, React
- Final Project - SDLC, Web Design, Project Implementation, Project Release
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Substantial and demonstrable experience in training, in a comparable context or institution
- At least four years of experience in their field of expertise
- Previous experience and track record of delivering high-quality, relevant and engaging professional training
- Ability to follow set standards, course guidelines and syllabi
- Experience assessing students and grading tasks set
- Willingness to carry out course admin, monitor and update attendance, deal with student queries, upload information to systems.
- Previous experience of teaching online, having made learning interactive by creating videos, PowerPoint etc.
- Access to your own IT equipment
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England