At Emtrain, we're on a mission to make healthy, respectful workplaces the norm. Over the past ten years, we've worked with culture-forward companies like Genentech, BuzzFeed, Chevron, Degreed, and Medallia. Building from our base, we're launching a next-generation technology solution for companies who realize that culture is their growth engine and the heart of their value proposition and brand. We are woman-founded and women-led, with offices in San Francisco and Sacramento. As our company grows, so does our need to add sharp, ambitious, and talented people to our team.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will play an essential role in helping to build out our award-winning platform. We're interested in engineers that have as much passion for great user experiences as they do for scalable back-end services. Working hand in hand with Product Management and QA Engineering, you will collaboratively define and implement key features, help improve Agile development processes and contribute to the overall knowledge and skills of the team. If you are obsessed with high-quality platforms that drive positive change for our customers and their employees, we're looking for you!
At Emtrain you will...
- Contribute to the Architecture Review Board. Propose and drive architectural improvements across our product line.
- Complete production-ready features and user stories in a timely manner that completely meet the requirements as defined in the backlog.
- Produce high-quality code that is elegant, scalable, and efficient, and that utilizes industry best practices for code quality. You are an advocate for quality craftsmanship!
- Be a champion for users seeking valuable and actionable information on workplace issues by developing intuitive interfaces and high-performance features.
- Actively participate in all Agile development activities, including sprint planning, stand-ups, showcases, and retrospectives.
- Contribute to the team's common knowledge and expertise by continually learning about new technologies, techniques, and trends and sharing what you learned with the team.
- Maintain a high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial work ethic to drive business and engineering outcomes with exceptional attention to detail.
What we'd like to see….
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Have a passion for excellent user experience with significant experience developing responsive interfaces and deep knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- Demonstrated experience with databases and data-related technologies, including SQL, No SQL, and ORM technologies.
- Experience working and scaling teams using Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban.
- Significant experience with software quality processes, including unit tests, automated testing, and CI/CD. Working experience with TDD is a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and goal-oriented environment.
- Results-driven with a positive "can-do" attitude and able to show commitment and inspire others
In addition to our competitive salaries, we provide the following benefits:
- Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Emtrain is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Emtrain we are deliberately trying to create a safe space for people of all races, genders, ages, backgrounds, and orientations. It is the policy of Emtrain to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.