RemNote was founded at MIT, got into YC (didn't go), and recently raised a $2.8M seed round led by General Catalyst.
We combine psychology/neuroscience research with cutting-edge web technology and Machine Learning to build the #1 knowledge management platform. Hundreds of thousands of students, researchers, and professionals rely on our tool.
We're looking for ambitious builders excited by the challenges and learning experience of a hypergrowth startup. Your impact and contributions will be visible from day one!
We offer competitive salary+comp and flexible working hours and are a distributed company.
You'll work in a team of exceptional engineers and productivity enthusiasts. We tackle ambitious projects ranging from real-time graph collaboration, rich-text editing, fast in-memory search, and more.
Our product engineers think deeply about the end-user’s thinking and learning experience. They bring powerful workflows to life through clean, robust, scalable code.
Join RemNote to reinvent how people learn, think, and collaborate and build the #1 knowledge management platform.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with product managers and designers to study user workflows
- Build features that enhance and fine-tune RemNote’s core experience
- Lead engineering projects for significant new initiatives or “headliner” features
- Take ownership over significant parts of the codebase, and make careful architectural decisions
- Write robust, clean code with TypeScript, React, and CSS
- You're experienced with TypeScript, React, and CSS. You know how to architect code in a clean, extensible way.
- You’re an experienced web developer and know how to avoid common pitfalls with web technologies.
- You’re comfortable with the full spectrum of thinking about a user’s goals, translating this into workflow specs, and translating workflow specs into code.
- You're experienced with writing reliable, carefully-tested code.
- You're comfortable with basic CS principles and especially thinking about graphs.
- You're comfortable with front-end performance engineering.
- Deliberate Problem-solving: You thrive in a scaling startup, can decompose tricky problems, and work intentionally towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates.
- Customer Obsession: You think critically about the implications of what you're building and how a product’s design and code affect users' experience and life.
- Team player: You work well in a team of diverse skills (design, engineering, product, advocacy). You're able to communicate technical decisions and trade-offs in writing or brainstorming in real time.
- Fast Learner: You enjoy learning new technologies as you go.
- Autonomy: You can implement and deliver without a lot of guidance.
- You're deeply motivated by the need to build more efficient learning experiences and to support thinkers.
- You have experience working with cross-platform applications.
- You're proficient with back-end technology stack: Node.js, MongoDB, and AWS.
- You're experienced with Capacitor and mobile technologies.
- You deeply understand our product.
- You've thought deeply about tools for thought and have a vision that aligns with ours.
- You’re serious about your own productivity and have developed workflows that you use to organize your thinking and learning.
All of these requirements are not set in stone. We're looking for people who are passionate and ambitious. If you believe you’re the right person for this job, tell us why.
Is this job not right for you, but you love what we are doing? We have other open positions as well.
Lastly, note that RemNote is a distributed company, and this is a remote position.