About the role #
We're looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join our team to help change the way developers build their applications.
You'll be primarily responsible for growing our NextJS app to a comprehensive development stack, including our backend API, user authentication and expanding our React UI.
You'll be an indispensable part of team, by working very closely with our front end team, designers, founders and backend engineers; you'll be directly contributing to technical choices, building a team culture and co authoring internal processes for a growing team. We want to expand our development team rapidly throughout 2022 and want you to be at the centre of growing and nurturing this talent.
This is an opportunity to truly take ownership of a web platform, defining how it evolves, and how we can can scale our users, team, product and processes.
What we need #
You will have a background of working and leading developers, building trust across a team and continually evolving and improving standards and processes.
You are a strong web developer, having worked with front end JS frameworks in production, ideally at high user scale, and for user facing applications.
You care about attention to detail, the quality and robustness of code you write, but also about collaborating with others. Reviewing fairly and honestly other team member's work and helping them become the best they can be.
You've worked in multi disciplinary teams before, working with designers, developers, marketeers, customer support and sales staff. You communicate problems at high level and can effectively convey your assumptions, issues and progress to others well and honestly.
- Build our dashboard, iterating existing features and building great new features.
- Take ownership of the dashboard front end stack, planning and iterating on it based on a roadmap that you have an active voice in moulding.
- Build tools within the Supabase ecosystem, occasionally dog fooding our own work.
- Interact with the wider developer community with blog posts, social media, discord; speaking at events and interacting with customers on a daily basis.
- Build out the test suite for the Dashboard.
- Improve the speed and code quality of our Dashboard.
Must have skills #
- Have an understanding of modern JS (ES6 etc).
- Experience with Node.
- Experience with React (We use NextJS everywhere).
- Experience with state management (Mobx, Redux etc).
- Experience of any kind of React UI Components.
- Willingness to work in an agile environment.
- Willingness to evolve and shape the development tools/stack.
- Willing to train and mentor junior developers.
- Fluent in the English language.
Nice to have skills #
- Opinions and ideas on how to align teams up to work really effectively.
- Experience working on large projects, and the code and contribution complexities that come with it.
- Has used tailwind.
- Web accessibility experience.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with design software (Figma, Sketch).
About Supabase #
Supabase is an open source Firebase alternative. We're backed by Y Combinator, Mozilla, Coatue, and a bunch of amazing developers.
Supabase is a platform which makes it incredibly easy to build and scale your projects.
About the team #
- 100% remote. Work anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- Autonomous work. We work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
Apply for this role using our online form.
- We hire in batches, but accept applications on a rolling basis, so now is always a good time to apply :)
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer
- are all 1:1
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call
- go directly to making an offer