Fixed Development Manager
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, 4 days @ 80% salary and compressed hours. Don't let anything stop you from applying.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Ipswich, UK ⚠️
In this position you will manage existing and new TPI relationships and acquire and renew fixed price electricity supply contracts via the TPI channel and direct customer contact. You will be responsible for developing relationships to maximise value from fixed price supply contracts.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Manage relationships with several established and new TPIs through emails, phone calls, offsite meetings, marketing, and hospitality events where appropriate;
- Manage the pricing, negotiation and closing of new business and renewal tenders. Delivering contracted margin through fixed price supply contracts in line with objectives;
- Identify and qualify new TPI partner opportunities;;
- Manage the fixed price inbox;
- Negotiate and execute TPI Agreements and manage TPI set-up process according to company procedures (Credit, Legal, Finance, CRM);
- Implement, manage and update account plans in line with objectives;
- Identify, develop, and conclude early renewal opportunities to prevent contracts going out to tender;
- Work with Operations, Sales Operation, and other internal stakeholders on the development and delivery of services to our customers;
- Update and utilise CRM system.
What skills/experience do I need to be successful?
- Exposure to business-to-business sales, in particular third-party sales agents;
- Pricing, interpretation, or validation of electricity supply bills experience;
- Interaction with CRM system before;
- Understands the build-up of electricity prices and knowledge of how to interpret price feedback (£’s, £/MWh, p/KWh, %);
- Understand external tender processes and general credit procedures;
- Systems knowledge: ERS, Salesforce, ECOEs, Smartbeat, ECDB.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days a year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and 10% non-contributory pension from month three;
What happens next?
Once we receive your CV it will be reviewed by a human– no bots here!
The average process once we receive your application takes around 2-3 weeks with typically 2 stages of video interviews using Teams – however this can change depending on the role (we may invite you to see us face to face or just need 1 video interview).
If you need any support you can see who to contact in our Recruitment Team on the advert – any questions please just let us know .
Get to know us better....
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2024 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.