We let employees choose between a 4 or 4.5 day work week. We are currently in a pilot stage
Posted 1 month ago
Note: The role is 100% remote and the contract duration is 12-15 months (mat leave coverage).
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Finance Manager on 12-15 months contract to the team. The Finance Manager is a key member of the finance team responsible for general accounting, financial operations and related systems, timely and accurate external reporting. We are in need of a well-rounded utility finance professional to be a key contributor to the continued evolution of the finance organization during this two-phase contract assignment. During phase I of the assignment, you will partner with the incumbent Finance Manager to lead and support the transformation of the finance function as it transitions to a new ERP system. Having played a key roll in the design, testing, validation and roll out of the new ERP across the organization and having the benefit of acquiring in-depth knowledge of the businesses finance requirements, phase II of the assignment will involve assuming the reins of Finance Manager during the maturity leave term, reporting to the VP, Finance.
What you will do:
- Key contributor to a successful ERP system implementation - transitioning from Quick Books Online to Sage Intacct.
- Support the roll-out of EPR functionality across the organization.
- Redesign financial processes utilizing new system functionality, identifying and implementing new ways to improve quality and efficiencies.
- Manages, coach and develop a team of individual contributors
- Manage and support all Finance functions, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Procurement, Treasury, Payroll, and Employee Share Ownership Plan.
- Drive the financial close process and monitor the adherence to deadlines, processes and controls.
- Contribute to more complex corporate accounting functions including revenue recognition with multiple deliverables, share based compensation, foreign exchange translation.
- Prepare and distribute consolidated external financial statements to external stakeholders.
- Coordinate and manage the external audit process including compilation of financial information in support of financial, tax, SR&ED, and government audits.
- Ensure compliance with government sales tax filings and remittances (HST, Sales & Use).
- Support VP, Finance with treasury and cash management of monthly cash targets
- Work with the Finance team and other departments in developing, implementing, and maintaining finance policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting and other corporate policies.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis
What you bring:
- Must have recent experience implementing an ERP system ideally implementing Sage.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years combined experience in accounting and finance
Must have extensive experience in financial reporting, financial operations, and financial analysis, ideally in a SaaS, professional services, multi-currency, multi-entity environment.
- Proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and internal control.
- Experience with consolidations and mergers and acquisition is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting processes, policies and systems.
- Proficient in Excel, strong working knowledge of ERP systems (i.e. Sage Intacct, Netsuite), accounting systems (i.e. QuickBooks) and CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce).
- Experience with Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) and Sales and Use Tax is an asset.
- Ability to summarize results and provide relevant context for senior executives
- Keen attention to detail; ability to multitask and work effectively within an agile, fast growing organization.
- Strong interpersonal abilities, an effective communicator with strong organizational skills, client focused orientation, and commitment to providing quality results
- Courage to challenge and improve the status quo.
- Confident and poised when interacting with all levels of management.
- You’re a leader that people love to work for & naturally focus on growing/developing your team
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip.
Tulip welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.