We are Not On The High Street
We’re home to 5,000+ phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since 2020), the last couple years have seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
As a Finance Manager, your role will be to offer crucial support to our Financial Controller and the wider finance team as the business grows.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about understanding what makes the business tick, making a real impact on driving the finance function forward to deliver what is required by our private equity shareholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious finance all-rounder: someone with excellent financial accounting skills, but also commercial awareness and influencing skills who can identify and implement improvements and can lead more junior members of the team.
Not just that, you’ll make a difference within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial business, in a broad & cross-functional role, and strengthen the control environment.
You’ll be working in the Core Finance team, reporting to the Financial Controller, within the Finance department under the leadership of the CFO.
You’ll also be working closely with the Commercial Finance team and the People team.
We are open to considering applications from candidates looking for a full or part time role of 30 hours per week.
What you'll be doing:
- Management Accounting
- Responsibility for month end reporting , including profit & loss, balance sheet and cashflow to Executive team and shareholders
Ensuring correct accounting on judgement areas including oversight of balance sheet reconciliations each month end
- People Costs
- Working closely with the People team and payroll provider, responsibility for review of payroll calculations
Working closely with stakeholders in the business for forecast team costs
- Cash Management
- Responsibility for detailed liquidity analysis, including cash flow forecasting
- Oversight of daily and weekly cash management, supporting the Accounts Payable Manager and FC
- Robust analysis of working capital movements compared to forecast and closing cash positions
Management of bank permissions and bank authorities
- Financial statement and audit management
- Responsibility for preparation of the yearend consolidated financial statements
- Oversight of the preparation of the subsidiary financial statements by other team members
- Management of the external audit ensuring minimal audit adjustments
Oversight of audit deliverables to ensure these are delivered on time and high quality
- Delegating for the financial controller in variety of activities
- Supporting ad hoc projects as they arise
Some key skills and experience you'll need...
- You’ll need to be a qualified accountant with post qualified experience
- You will have demonstrable IFRS technical capability
- You’ll have experience with consolidation accounting
- You’ll have line management experience
- You’ll have experience in audit management
- You’ll be highly numerate with a strong attention to detail
- You’ll have strong experience of stakeholder management, comfortable to challenge as necessary
- You’ll be a brilliant communicator with the ability to explain complex financial concepts to non-financial people
- You’ll pride yourself on developing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues, and have the credibility with peers and senior managers
- You’ll have some demonstrable experience as a business partner
- You’ll have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think on your feet
- You’ll have a strong commercial awareness and ability to see the “big picture”
Some skills and experience that’s beneficial but not essential….
- Previous experience working in a private equity based business
- Previous experience in financial statement preparation Previous experience with Netsuite
- Oh, and you’ll enjoy working in fast-paced environment - things can move very quickly around here!
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for online socials!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work... well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. We’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working, and we’ve introduced a 2:3 hybrid working week. So the NOTHS team get to work flexibly for the majority of the week, and visit beautiful Richmond twice a week to ensure we all still get together as one #teamNOTHS. Plus, for 2022 we’ve begun trialling fully remote months in January (to avoid the snow) and August (to enjoy the sun). #teamNOTHS
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. We really care about diversity and inclusion, and while filling this survey out is completely optional, it’s really appreciated and will only be used to help us figure out how to make our team(s) even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us!
Apply to join #teamNOTHS
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!