Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Edinburgh, UK ⚠️
Administrate is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administering programs.
Our platform has evolved a lot in recent years, taking us up market, squarely into the enterprise tech space. We’re delighted with the success we’ve experienced so far, and we enjoy working together. Our headquarters are in Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We also have bases in the USA and Ireland as well as other team members working remotely around the world.
It's our dream at Administrate to be the Ultimate Human Organization. We might build software, but that's not the only area where we add value to our customers; our people are what make us and our customers successful. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our company stronger. If you share our values we'd love to hear from you.
As a Finance Assistant you will be given the opportunity to become actively involved in assisting the wider finance team to achieve their key aims. You will be responsible for processing the majority of data which will ultimately form the basis of our internal and external reporting. You will also be responsible for building relationships with our customers and suppliers to ensure our cash flow is managed effectively.
What you'll do
- Responsibility for raising all customer invoices by working closely with Customer Success and Sales teams.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable Ledger by ensuring all collectable debt is monitored and pursued and that any arrangements entered into with our customers are being properly maintained.
- Manage the customer queries email account, ensuring that all matters are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Processing all supplier bills to the ledger in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the supplier email account, ensuring that all matters are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Reconciling all business bank accounts on a timely basis to ensure month end deadlines are consistently met. Querying any payments that are not identifiable and resolving any suspense items.
- Enter bank payments for review by the Financial Controller.
- Preparation of departmental monthly accounts (a sub-set of management accounts)
- Input to ad-hoc tasks as they may arise across the business, helping to make Administrate a great place to work.
What You’ll Need
- Trained in a bookkeeping or similar discipline.
- Working knowledge of Xero
- An understanding of the culture within a high growth technology company would be advantageous.
- Computer literate with an excellent understanding of Excel functionality, some experience of Google Suite would also be an advantage.
- Possess excellent spoken and written communication skills; in particular, be able to build strong collaborative relationships across internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills, planning, time management and organizing own work to achieve set goals.
- Is resilient and reliable even in difficult circumstances.
- Confident working to targets and to tight deadlines.
- High level of self-motivation and prepared to go the extra mile.
- Work effectively as part of a small team and larger organization.
What You'll Get
- An 18 month fixed term contract with potential of becoming permanent in the future
- Enjoy working as part of a talented team where everyone’s input is valued
- An unrivaled work/life balance, this is a part time, 3 day week role. You will work 24 hours over 3 days (FTE 0.75)
- 22 days holiday per year (based on a 4 day week) plus 6 Company holidays, pro rata for 3 days
- Great tools – MacBook, 27” monitor, mechanical keyboard etc
- Flexible working schedule
- Retirement savings via Legal and General
- Life assurance of 4 times salary
- Entirely private and confidential access to our resident therapist