Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Durham, UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
The Environment, Society & Government team is a new team in the bank, established to drive outcomes, guide policy, and make the investments that position Atom firmly as part of the answer to the future needs of our society and our environment as well as our customers and business.
The ESG team works closely with the Marketing, Commercial, People, Finance and Risk teams to design and deliver outcomes that reach across the bank’s engagement in natural capital, education, and community projects. We also represent and support the Senior Management team in the bank’s engagement on public policy issues, including competition, growth, and sustainable finance.
You’ll work very closely with the Director of ESG, and quickly take on significant responsibilities and opportunities within the bank. This is a junior role from which you can expect to learn rapidly and become exposed to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and partners. The role would suit someone who is highly motivated about the environment, about the role of business in society and has a grasp of public policy.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…
- Coordinate the business-wide data gathering and reporting of Atom’s Scope 1-3 carbon emissions.
- Provide analytical support on carbon budgeting to all business areas in line with Atom’s strategic goal of being a carbon positive business by 2035
- Support the Director ESG in assessing the investment choices that the business makes to meet our environment and societal goals
- Monitor and report progress against agreed targets to the strategy team, and produce digests of progress to the finance and reporting functions for Atom’s external reports.
- Working with the People team, promote access to Atom within the student body at Durham University,other HE and FE institutions and schools in the region
- Provide insight of and review the choices of other UK businesses as they progress their own ESG initiatives
- Maintain Atom’s awareness of regulatory and policy changes as they relate to carbon reporting and the functioning of natural capital markets.
What do we need from you?
- Strong analytical and written skills
- A clear and evidenced commitment to environmental, societal and public policy outcomes
- Knowledge of net zero frameworks
- Ideally an appreciation of retail financial services
- Experience of ESG reporting frameworks would be advantageous
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible hybrid & remote working
- 4-day work week
- Annual Share Option scheme – company performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.