Open to candidates in the USA (CA, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA), United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia) only
Don't see an engineering role on our Jobs page that suits you? Feel free to submit your resume here and tell us how you could help us accomplish our mission! We'll reach out as new roles and needs emerge.
About the Team
At Kickstarter, our Engineering team is highly collaborative. We care about crafting code for the long-term, shipping great product efficiently, and continually learning and teaching. We work in close partnership with designers and product managers in an iterative and experiment-driven process, helping to bring creative projects to life.
About Our Tech Stack
- Kickstarter uses TypeScript, React, Ruby on Rails, and Sorbet (in places) on the web; Swift on iOS; and a combination of Java and Kotlin on Android.
- We use functional reactive programming libraries for state management on the native platforms.
- We use both REST and GraphQL to communicate between clients and servers.
- We do not expect you to know every relevant technology at the time that you interview, but you will need to demonstrate that you can learn and become productive in our core technologies in a reasonable amount of time upon joining the team.
What You'll Enjoy:
Fridays off! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with a 4-day/32-hour workweek pilot so that we can all enjoy long weekends
A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
100% employer-paid health plan offerings
16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
You can read more about our benefits and working at Kickstarter at our Jobs page.
Our Fully Virtual Team
We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: CA, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA. We're also able to support employees in the United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia). If you live in—or are willing to move to—any of these locations, we look forward to your application! If there is a required or preferred location for an open role, it will be listed in the job description.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.