Engineering Director - Infrastructure Services
Heard of composable banking? The concept originated here at Mambu. We've been champions of composable for over a decade. Mambu is the only true SaaS cloud core banking platform. Our unique and sustainable composable approach means that independent engines, systems and connectors can be assembled in any configuration to meet business requirements and the ever-changing demands of your customers. Over 280 banks, lenders, fintechs, and even retailers in 65 countries turn to us to help them build modern digital financial products faster, securely and cost-effectively. Ready to become a Mambuvian? Check our Jobs tab.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Europe ⚠️
In the last 10 years, Mambu has been revolutionising banking - making it more accessible, more straightforward and more inclusive for everyone. With fresh funding secured and a near €5 billion valuation we have huge ambitions for ourselves and the whole banking sector.
We bring this same sense of innovation and aspiration to how we support our people. We pioneered the 4 day summer work week, have announced the provision of equity for all and launched Our Mambu Deal to capture how we work with each other and what we offer all Mambuvians.
These are just the beginning. We’ll continue to look for ways to make Mambu an even better place to work.
We’re not here to play it safe.
We’re here to change the world.
What you’ll do
Build an area and engineering culture where being bold and embracing challenges is a norm:
- Set ambitious engineering goals that are future focused and exciting. Teach the team to plan backwards and make it happen.
- Promptly make decisions and bring visibility of the challenges. Collaborate with your teams and peers to find the best solutions.
- Encourage challenging engineering conversations in your teams by continuously sharing strategy and near term plans. Include every team member and get them onboard with our goals.
- Lead from the front in challenging situations. Be present and active in operational issues, help your team to understand Mambu customer perspective and collaborate with other areas.
Put customer obsession at the centre of the daily life in the area:
- When building Cloud strategy and making decisions for the future, Mambu customers are put in the centre.
- Be a customer voice in engineering teams. Challenge team decisions and bring customer perspective in daily tasks.
- Ensure prioritisation of deliveries based on the long term value for Mambu customers and not the quick wins that create technical debt.
- Represent Infrastructure Services and wider Product & Engineering organisation in conversations about bespoke solutions and engineering challenges.
Drive accountability of the results and seek excellence in the services your area delivers:
- Highest availability and quality of services is not optional. Ensure that all solutions delivered by the team match the standard.
- Establish metrics driven performance tracking for every service. Build the culture in the teams of full ownership and accountability for the operational issues. Track the performance, embed them in the daily life of every team.
- Be transparent and vocal about the technical challenges, limitations and technical debt in the area. Work with your teams to continuously improve and address the gaps.
- Encourage accountability at every level. Bring transparency in the teams about engineering decisions that work or do not work, create a culture where accountability is the default and the lack of it is addressed.
Deliver results through collaboration and by working as One Mambu:
- Build and drive Mambu Cloud strategy that is highly aligned with the requirements of other areas and parts of the organisation.
- Have challenging and constructive discussions about the direction and engineering decisions for specific customers. Ensure this across all layers of your area.
- Act as a conversation facilitator in engineering discussions between areas and teams. Ensure that every cross-team decision is made together and not in isolation or for the benefit of a single team.
- Treat every Mambuvian as your stakeholder. Build that culture in your teams.
Create a culture, where growth and curiosity is highly encouraged and celebrated:
- Establish career paths for your teams. Create opportunities to grow vertically and horizontally.
- As a leader, understand the ambitions of your direct reports and your engineers. Work with other areas to align and support the growth not only in your area, but in other teams as well.
- Create a strong culture of timely feedback. Celebrate successes and talk about failures, teach your teams to do it every day.
Be yourself and embrace the difference:
- Create a culture of diversity and inclusion. Encourage different opinions and perspectives.
- Ensure bias-free recruitment process and task distribution in your teams.
- Be open, respectful and authentic.
What you’ll bring
Your experience includes:
- Track record of leading multiple engineering teams across different regions, cultures and time zones. Ability to establish trust, transparency and accountability in your teams and with your peers. Lead a leader experience is a must.
- Experience in driving an organisation wide technology and architecture changes.
- Experience with building and running cloud infrastructure at scale. Strong understanding of public cloud concept, offerings and adoption.
- Excellent collaboration skills within and outside organisation. Hands-on experience in managing relationships with partners and vendors.
- Proven ability to lead from the front, get down to the code level if needed and be present when teams need your support.
- Understanding of the B2B model and perks of working directly with businesses.
- Clear communication skills. Ability to simplify complex messages, switch between business and engineering language and adopt communication style based on the audience.
We are a diverse group of Mambuvians, and we are growing fast. Our eyes are on the future, and we believe we can use our technology and our talent to deliver banking experiences for billions that are also sustainable and inclusive and accessible.
We’re also focused on delivering a fantastic working experience for all Mambuvians. We pioneered the 4 day working week between June - August many years ago, and continue to innovate around how work should feel and how it should get done. Our Mambu Deal is how we articulate this relationship of support and dedication which drives us all forward.
The base salary for this position is €10.400 gross (before taxes) monthly. This is a full-time equivalent target rate for Lithuania only. Actual rate offered will vary depending on the nature of the role and the breadth of skills and expertise the candidate brings to the role relative to existing Mambuvians. For the rest of the locations where we advertise this role, the starting salary will be discussed during the recruitment process.
To stay on top of the latest Fintech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn.