Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Centreville, USA ⚠️
Join Team CARFAX as an Employee Relations Manager
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment.
The Employee Relations Manager will provide leadership in the areas of employee relations and performance management.
This role has an expectation of 4 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partnering with people managers to create high-performing engaged teams to drive business outcomes, providing counseling and feedback to improve performance, implementation of hiring and retention strategies, change management support, and survey feedback action planning.
- Building strong teamwork, facilitating conflict resolution, and supporting people practices that create strong working relationships that make Carfax a great place to work.
- Managing employee relations and workplace investigations, complaints, reporting and action planning.
- Training and coaching managers on best practices to ensure policies, procedures, and employment laws and regulations are being applied fairly, equitably, and consistently.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Human Resources or related field and 5+ years’ experience managing employee relations issues including investigating, advising, and making recommendations on internal claims of discrimination, harassment, workplace conflict; thorough understanding of employment laws, principles, guidelines, and regulations concerning employment matters and dispute resolution.
- Demonstrated success operating as a business adviser with strong consultative and analytical skills and using data insights to identify trends and develop measurable solutions; demonstrated competence in change management, coaching, counseling, and advising at all levels.
- Strong teamwork, conflict management, and communication skills; ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in confrontational situations; demonstrated success working cross functionally across geographic boundaries.
- Experience with HR management, HRIS, employee engagement, Canadian employee relations, and understanding benefit and leave programs a plus
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k) / DCPP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.