Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Durham, UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
The Early Talent and Talent Management Lead has responsibility for designing, implementing, and managing Atom’s early talent development programmes and the ongoing Talent Management framework including apprenticeships, graduate opportunities, internships, placements and other career initiatives required to support the development of Atom’s talent pipeline.
You’ll be the subject matter expert in relation to early careers and talent management initiatives, and work with the Talent Acquisition team and People Business Partners to promote alternative resourcing models to Coaches across the organisation as a means to sourcing and developing the required skills and talent. You’ll work closely with Atom’s Environment, Government and Social (ESG) team in developing a range of regional partnerships, generating awareness of Atom, and highlighting specific opportunities to meet our aim of attracting the very best early careers talent and continuously developing talent within the organisation.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…
- Scope and implement relevant, value adding programmes including apprenticeships, graduate opportunities, internships, and placements aligned to agreed development and resourcing priorities
- Create an annual plan for recruitment of graduates, apprentices based on business needs and strategic outcomes
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition, Marketing and PR in developing creative ways to enhance and promote Atom’s employer brand and profile in the early talent marketplace
- Monitor diversity of intakes onto the various programmes in order to identify any particular underrepresented groups and develop action plans to create an even more diverse employee base
- Co-ordinate onboarding and induction of early talent into Atom and onto their relevant development programmes in line with agreed timescales
- Develop and implement a structured timetable of development activity and rotational placements for each programme liaising with participants and host departments to ensure smooth and timely transition
- Integrate Early Careers Talent and Talent Management Frameworks creating an overall talent journey for Atom employees
- Co-create Talent Management modules with the Learning Lead meeting the needs of the business and driving strategic outcomes
- Establish and lead a regular progress review process, involving department/team managers and training providers to ensure the development needs of those on programmes are identified and given priority through personally tailored development plans
- Introduce a formal “buddy” and mentoring system for those participating in talent development
- Manage the Government Apprenticeship Levy account, monitoring spend to ensure that available funds are fully utilised and opportunities to draw down additional funds are explored and implemented as appropriate to business needs.
What do we need from you?
- CIPD or relevant Learning and Development/Training qualification
- Demonstrable experience within a hands-on design and training delivery role
- Experience of designing and implementing development programmes
- Experience of developing and implementing apprenticeship, graduate, and early talent programmes
- Demonstrable experience in training delivery and evaluation
- Highly developed stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Learning needs analysis, design and delivery skills including eLearning
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage effectively and confidently with a wide range of people, including stakeholders at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to write in a clear and concise manner to suit a range of audiences
- Knowledge of learning styles and preferences and training evaluation methodology
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible hybrid & remote working
- 4-day work week
- Annual Share Option scheme – company performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.