Bolt is the future of online commerce. Our mission is to make commerce instant, consistent, and trusted. We believe that every retailer will need e-commerce to power their business in the future - and to do that effectively, they need Bolt.
As a critical member of the Partnerships team, you will play a central role in sourcing, managing, structuring, negotiating, and closing key partnerships with partners to support Bolt’s growing business. Examples could include partners in financial services, fraud, loyalty or other product categories which touch checkout. You will work with a cross-functional group across Bolt including our product, marketing, sales, customer success, finance, and operations teams to structure partnerships that support Bolt in its business endeavors. This role will include a robust balance of creative deal making and deep product knowledge to identify and close opportunities that are best aligned to Bolt’s vision.
- Build BD pipeline by proactively prospecting new BD opportunities and qualifying inbound BD opportunities.
- Work with product and other teams across Bolt to ensure we have identified those partners who help fill a gap or product need for our businesses.
- Lead full BD deal lifecycle end-to-end, including strategy/planning, pipeline development, outreach, pitching & selling, terms negotiation, contract drafting, launch planning, and execution
- Conduct outreach to respective technology leaders and executives at target companies to structure partnership opportunities
- Structure terms, negotiate and sign new partnership agreements, in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, including Legal, Product, Operations or other respective teams at Bolt
- Develop partnership strategies and roadmaps by aligning to internal business priorities/key objectives
- Develop highly effective, deep relationships with new partners and drive partner and internal teams to alignment
- Great analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills - people tell you that you are a great communicator. You don’t talk too much, you don’t talk too little. When you talk, people listen.
- You have strong and complex deal making and structuring experience
- You have some domain knowledge in product and technology deals, payments, e-commerce, or fintech, in that order of priority.
- You are intellectually curious. You ask a lot of questions and you listen more than you talk
What would set you apart
- Deep ecommerce or checkout experience and domain knowledge
- Relationships and contacts in the partnership ecosystem
- Track record of deal making and structured highly complex strategic partnerships
- Ability to wear multiple hats and operate in a fast paced environment
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Phone & Wifi stipendWellness stipend
- Virtual team events
Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.