Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
At Marketplace, our mission is to help readers turn their aspirations into reality. We arm people with trusted advice and guidance, so they can make informed decisions they feel confident in and get back to doing the things they care about most.We are an experienced team of industry experts dedicated to helping readers make smart decisions and choose the right products with ease.
Marketplace boasts decades of experience across dozens of geographies and teams, including Content, SEO, Business Intelligence, Finance, HR, Marketing, Production, Technology and Sales. The team brings rich industry knowledge to Marketplace’s global coverage of consumer credit, debt, health, home improvement, banking, investing, credit cards, small business, education, insurance, loans, real estate and travel.
We’re looking for a Digital Public Relations Manager to join its growing DPR team. This person will report to the Senior DPR Manager and will be responsible for securing an ongoing stream of media coverage that supports the company’s SEO strategy. If you’re interested in making an immediate impact at a trusted brand, please read on!
- Ideate and drive DPR campaigns that align with company goals and SEO priorities.
- Secure media coverage and build high-quality backlinks to our content.
- Partner with SEO and Editorial teams to create and leverage data-driven content.
- Develop messaging to pitch our experts, commentary and content to reporters.
- Monitor, manage and respond to inbound requests from the media.
- Position and prep our spokespeople for successful media interviews and broadcast appearances.
- Coach, guide, and oversee junior DPR staff (as we build out the team).
- 3-5 years of relevant digital PR experience.
- Knowledge of the insurance and/or financial services industries is a plus.
- Experience developing surveys and data-driven PR campaigns based on SEO and company priorities.
- Experience using Cision, Propel, Muck Rack, Meltwater or similar programs to build and maintain media lists.
- Experience crafting media pitches and press releases to national and local audiences.
- Extensive media relations experience and proven consistency in securing high-quality media coverage and backlinks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- At least one year of experience managing junior staff, either directly or indirectly.
- Have a keen focus on link-building.
- Competitive compensation package
- Ability to work remotely
- Unlimited PTO
- Every third Friday of the month off
- Winter break closure; the week between Christmas and New Years
- Home office setup
- Wellness Reimbursement
Forbes Marketplace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.