Digital Content Writer, Part-timeAllurion
Posted 2 months ago
Allurion has developed and commercialized the world’s first weight loss platform—including devices, digital therapeutics, and nutritional programs—to help treat obesity. The company has already treated over 50,000 patients, shed an estimated 1 million pounds, and grown revenues at 100%+ CAGR over the past 4 years. We're headquartered outside of Boston, with offices in Paris, Dubai and Hong Kong.
The company was founded in 2009 on Harvard Medical School's campus, to build alternative options to treat and empower millions of patients. We developed the Allurion Balloon, and we manufacture and market the Allurion™ Program – a breakthrough in weight loss therapy. Patients lose on average 10-15% total body weight loss over the four-month course of device therapy, which does not require surgery, endoscopy or anesthesia. For more information, visit our website www.allurion.com
The talent and dedication of the people working at Allurion make everything we do possible. If you're passionate about having an impact on accelerating obesity treatment and improving patient care, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Digital Content Writer, your responsibilities include,
- As a digital content writer, you'll produce the written content for Allurion's digital products, specifically our Apple iOS and Android mobile apps, working as a contractor by the hour or on a project basis.
- Your role will be to engage the reader and motivate them on their weight loss and weight maintenance journey as they participate the in Allurion program.
- This role specifically will be to edit current content as well as create new content that will guide consumers through a personalized educational and behavior change program, designed to improve behavior associated with unhealthy lifestyles and excessive weight gain.
- The content will need to be written in British English, and you will need to demonstrate the ability to deliver proficient content for a UK audience.
What we are looking for in you,
- 3+ years of experience writing for a UK audience, specifically in the areas of health, behavior change, fitness, wellness and nutrition
- Proven experience drafting and completing successful digital content developed first for mobile delivery
- Strong listening skills, so that you can understand what the client wants and effectively develop a project brief
- Excellent writing ability, including the ability to write in different styles and to other people's direction
- Research and analytical skills to gain an accurate understanding of the subject in question the organizational ability to manage multiple projects, often to tight deadlines
- A creative approach, both in coming up with ideas for new projects and for getting a message across innovatively
- The ability to work independently, remotely, and flexibly
- Good attention to detail, including the ability to proofread your own and others' work
- Strong interpersonal skills as you'll be working with a range of team members, including those in nutritional research, psychology and behavior change, digital design, UX, product development and technology.
- Experience writing scripts for short and engaging instructional videos
- Familiar with writing in a non-stigmatizing and non-weight biased manner
- You should have work samples available that demonstrate the skills identified above
- Up to 2.5 days per week.
- Work hours are flexible, but you must be available to meet with teams in the UK GMT time zone.
- Work will be remote, with extensive use of Zoom and Microsoft Office products, including Teams.
- This is a part-time, contract position
Aim & Enthusiasm • Work-Life Integration • Inclusive Benefits • Advancement
Allurion has developed and commercialized the world’s first weight loss platform—including the Allurion device (formerly Elipse™ device), and we manufacture and market the Allurion™ Program – a breakthrough in weight loss therapy—to help treat obesity. Founded in 2009 on Harvard Medical School's campus, the company has already treated over 70,000 patients, shed an estimated 1 million pounds, and grown revenues at 100%+ CAGR over the past 4 years. Patients lose on average 10-15% total body weight loss over the four-month course of device therapy, which does not require surgery, endoscopy or anesthesia.
At Allurion, you will find a determined and hands on -cooperative culture driven by a passion for innovation that helps us all stay connected. With determination, transparency and a deep caring in helping humans form healthy habits, we’re solving one of the most important healthcare challenges in obesity. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with profound purpose—transforming the lives of people through your every day work.
How We Hire
Allurion welcomes candidates from all backgrounds. We’re committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination. If your experience is close (even if not a perfect fit) to what we're looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyo