Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, Canada ⚠️
Join Team CARFAX as a Data Scientist
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2024!
As a Data Scientist, you will be working with the Data Services and Data Technologies teams to create machine learning solutions for key company products. You will work collaboratively with data engineers and data mappers to design, build and scale our ambitious machine learning and natural language processing solutions.
This role has an expectation of 2 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the design, development and deployment of our deep learning, ML and NLP solutions
- Maintaining and improving established, advanced machine learning processes on data mining
- Providing actionable ad hoc analytics insights for internal stakeholders
- Building and maintaining reports/applications for internal stakeholders to make data-driven decisions
- Using advanced analytical methods to explore and extract additional data value for existing and emerging products
- Documenting analysis results and presenting value to stakeholders
- Creating reusable processes to assist data evaluation and analysis across teams within the Data Services department
What we’re looking for:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Data Science or related field
- 4+ years’ experience in SQL/Spark, R, Python
- 4+ years of experience in building and applying machine learning, predictive modeling, or natural language processing solutions to business problems
- 2+ years of experience in Shiny application is a plus
- Deep understanding and experience with advanced statistics and modern machine learning predictive techniques, including GLMs, decision trees, boosted ensembles, neural networks, deep learning, etc.
- Experience with Named Entity Recognition (NER), Sentiment Analysis, Data Tokenization, Lexical Semantics, Relationship Extraction, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate analysis and insights to all levels of the organization
- A passion for continuous learning
- Confidence to challenge the status quo
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k) / DCPP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.