Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
At Marketplace, our mission is to help readers turn their aspirations into reality. We arm people with trusted advice and guidance, so they can make informed decisions they feel confident in and get back to doing the things they care about most.
We are an experienced team of industry experts dedicated to helping readers make smart decisions and choose the right products with ease. Marketplace boasts decades of experience across dozens of geographies and teams, including Content, SEO, Business Intelligence, Finance, HR, Marketing, Production, Technology and Sales. The team brings rich industry knowledge to Marketplace’s global coverage of consumer credit, debt, health, home improvement, banking, investing, credit cards, small business, education, insurance, loans, real estate and travel.st.
Forbes Advisor is a new initiative under the Marketplace umbrella that provides consumers with journalist- and expert-written insights, news, and reviews on all things personal finance. Our goal is to help consumers make informed decisions by providing them with the knowledge and research they need.
We are seeking a Data Research Team Lead to join our team and assist our editorial team in creating top-quality content. In this role, you will lead a team that provides competitive analysis on the market and ensures the quality and accuracy of data collection and analysis for SMB, Health, Education, Legal and Home Improvement product. Your team’s research and analysis will be a key component of making trustworthy, relevant assessments of products and services, and will help thousands of consumers make informed decisions related to their financial planning, insurance and entrepreneurial needs.
- Accountable for delivering all small business, home improvement, health, legal and educational services data analysis to Edit teams
- Line manage and supervise a team of topic-specific research analysts and specialist researchers
- Monitor team velocity, proactively addressing delivery issues
- Drive sprint planning, stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
- Introduce and develop new techniques and processes for efficient data collection
- Maintain and champion up-to-date and accurate project documentation
- Communicate effectively with editors and other stakeholders, keeping them up-to-date on project status
- Create analyses and reports that will serve as the basis for best-of lists, focusing on automation
- Review editorial data requests for feasibility, usability, and scalability
- Leverage a team of researchers to collect product and service data
- Perform analysis on collected data to identify top-quality products and services
- Develop and implement processes for quality control of the data
- Collaborate with peers to introduce and develop new techniques and processes for efficient data collection and reporting
- Collaborate with the editorial team to ensure deadlines and goals are met
- Review editorial content resulting from work product for accuracy and completeness
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and critical thinking abilities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize projects accordingly
- A background and experience dealing with research data
- Previous experience in a quality role is preferred
- Comfortable managing your own projects and deliverables
- Degree in a relevant field, such as Business Studies or Economics, or equivalent training and experience
- Experience in data or content research in the publishing industry, particularly on B2B, Financial, or Small Business topics
- Proficiency in using Google Sheets for data analysis and manipulation
- Proficiency in SQL and Python for data manipulation is highly desirable
- Proficiency in BI tools (Tableau, PowerBI or Looker) is desirable
- Understanding of Agile principles, practices, and frameworks is a plus
- Line management experience
- Unlimited PTO (35 days minimum)
- Every third Friday of the month off
- Winter break closure; the week between Christmas and New Years
- Home office setup
- Wellness Reimbursement (up to £60 a month)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company 401k match
Forbes Marketplace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.